A little advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
He has one of those hearing aids that go on the side of his head (sorry for my ignorance but I have no idea what it is). He was bragging that his legs were fine and he didn`t suffer at all so I have told him that next time we need to do it in under 2 hours. As I waited for him I did notice he was hesitant to free wheel down hill so he was slow on the descents too. I guess we all had to start from somewhere.
If the same type mine is (standard NHS issue) I find it almost useless on the bike so I tend not to use it much lol.It also seems that he may just be trying to appear brave (or what ever you would call it) but I feel sure once he as a few more miles under the belt he will get better and faster etc and as you sya we have to start some where so again well done those men !!!!

GuardTwin

Talk him around to a none work day trip, do a test trip using the route, I do that on my road bike on weekends when I find a new route or something is new that changes my riding to see how long it takes me to get there and how I feel doing it. For someone who needs their fitness up at a high level I have shocked myself with some routes I thought myself to be "No problem, I've done longer trips." Time the trip and if you both end up being "late for work" then it is only a mock trail. As mentioned before by others, the more confident/experience he gets the faster he might go for his age.

Good luck, I hope he does end up riding with ya without problems. :smile:

Top Bottom