A little bit of history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
On July 2012 London England held the Olympic Games in a summer of epic sport. The men's road race which ventured through London and the home counties was won by Alexander Vinokurov riding a Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL4 OE.
The S-Works Tarmac SL4 OE was purpose built to comply with the rules of the Olympic Games, as such it features minimal branding and was manufactured using the lessons learnt from the Mclaren Venge. All bikes were hand finished and painted Neon Red to stand out on TV

To celebrate the Olympic win 260 framesets of the OE specification were released globally to the general public and this in your opportunity to own one of only two frame sets in size 52 which were sold in the UK.

This bike was completed January 2013 and uses the very best components and brands available, it has never ever been ridden in the rain or wet and is cleaned after every single use. The bike is spotless and has no scratches, marks or anything at all.
It is a unique bike which remains a conversation piece for all who come in contact with it.
  • S-Works Tarmac SL4 Olympic Edition
  • S-Works Carbon Cranks and Carbon Spider
  • Carbon Chain Rings
  • Look Keo2 Blade titanium and carbon pedals
  • Carbon fibre rear hanger
  • TRP Full Carbon R950 SL brakes
  • Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 with internal seat post battery, in bike charging and additional climbing shifter.
  • Zipp 202 Firecrest Beyond Black Wheels.
  • Zipp Service Course SL Beyond Black Stem
  • Zipp SL Bars
  • S-Works Carbon Troupe Saddle with Carbon rails
  • Ceramic Speed Bearings throughout
  • SRAM Red Titanium chain catcher
  • Ultimate ceramic bearings delierium jockey wheels
The bike comes with loads of spares such as different chain sets (compact, standard, special olympic ratio's) different battery solutions for the Di2 and optional extra's for Di2 and so so much more.
A standard S-Works SL4 costs £8500 and this has a vastly higher specification with a more expensive frame set, it also has more exclusivity.
...........as such offers around £8500 considered, you could not get close building it for this money.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

rps20130202_130615.jpg rps20130624_190204.jpg rps20130630_121144.jpg rps20130202_125805.jpg DSC00264.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can vouch for this fantastic bike being in pristine condition. Mr H sure knows how to look after his bikes.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

What would happen to it if it was ridden in the rain?

It would have got wet. :laugh:
It's not a problem being ridden in the wet, however the reality is that rain gets muck a little further ingrained into the bike so more extensive cleaning is required, this of course would have been done but it was simply not needed.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
@Mr Haematocrit Bored and in need of a new project?

BTW, you got any Osymetrics or Rotors knocking around you want rid off? Or that I could borrow to try? Can leave a deposit. Wanting to try them to see if I can grind out bigger gears with them and test the recovery benefits but the price is prohibitive in terms of trying them out. Drop me a PM.

Top Bottom