A little healthy competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

So decided that as well as upping longer rides, I need to get some speed up. We have an 8 mile loop from home that is just a quick ride when we're pushed for time. So today hubby and I looked at our fastest times and he gave me a head start based on the differences between our times. The aim was for me to get as far as possible before he caught me. I smashed my best time by 5 minutes! Mental. I must admit I don't usually blast it that quickly buy knowing he was chasing was a great incentive. Although he caught me 2/3 of way round and then the aim was to keep speed up to beat our times. One day I'll make it home before him!

Jdratcliffe

Nice idea wish my OH was into cycling :cry:

Nosaj

Janeyb - Well done you have just described prefectly and completed your very first time trial. You have participated in a road race and have also described very well the reason why people enjoy riding in TT's.

Perhaps you could join a cycle club enter their weekly evening TT league and you can do exactly that kind of nonsense week in week out throughout the summer with around 20 odd other people.

With a number on your back and the clock ticking down you will go even quicker

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
If you have a satnav capable phone then have a look at the Strava app and website.

Turns every commute into a series of timetrials.
Since I downloaded it on Monday I've been crawling into the kitchen on jelly legs all week. :smile:

Jdratcliffe

If you have a satnav capable phone then have a look at the Strava app and website.

Turns every commute into a series of timetrials.
Since I downloaded it on Monday I've been crawling into the kitchen on jelly legs all week. :smile:
me 2 ! though this week i cheated had it on commute on monday + this morning only gave me chance to pootle tues wed + thur :-)

Top Bottom