A mad inventor and/or bicycle innovator?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a Zike at a car boot sale in 2019 - complete with the charger, paperwork and everything 'as new'. I've always been a bit of a Sinclair fan, having grown up with a ZX-80 (but then swithing to an Acorn Atom as I was too impatient to wait for the new 'Timex machine' that was about to come out!)

As with other of Sinclair's inventions, the Zike was way ahead of its time, and way ahead of battery and motor technology: in short, it was small, wobbly and a bit terrible! The small wheels made it very jittery. But then, I was looking at it in 2019, rather than 1992 - but I can't have been that far off the mark, as they only sold a couple of thousand units.

classic33

Leg End Member
I bought a Zike at a car boot sale in 2019 - complete with the charger, paperwork and everything 'as new'. I've always been a bit of a Sinclair fan, having grown up with a ZX-80 (but then swithing to an Acorn Atom as I was too impatient to wait for the new 'Timex machine' that was about to come out!)

As with other of Sinclair's inventions, the Zike was way ahead of its time, and way ahead of battery and motor technology: in short, it was small, wobbly and a bit terrible! The small wheels made it very jittery. But then, I was looking at it in 2019, rather than 1992 - but I can't have been that far off the mark, as they only sold a couple of thousand units.
And from the Zike to the A-Bike.

Top Bottom