A man in womens' cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
Dilling fan that I am I think you’ll end up with two little holes where you contact the saddle I did. Merino isn’t hard wearing in contact points

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm on a B17 with a steel seatpost, by the way.

Here's why you don't want/need padding.
Of 5 bikes, 2 of mine have Brooks saddles, and I don't wear padded shorts while riding them. Rides of up to 100 miles that is. The other bikes, yes I wear padding.
Not everyone will agree... :okay:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Any mens shorts then will be fine.The cheapest cycling shorts have very minimal padding anyway. I wouldnt get womens personally as they are cut for women.Mens shorts have more room at the front.

OP
OP
S

scotsbikester

Dilling fan that I am I think you’ll end up with two little holes where you contact the saddle I did. Merino isn’t hard wearing in contact points

Thanks for that info. My Dilling boxers are relatively new, I'll monitor them. Maybe just keep one pair for bike use and see what happens.

By the way, Dilling have a 25% off sale this Sunday.

OP
OP
S

scotsbikester

Here's why you don't want/need padding.
Of 5 bikes, 2 of mine have Brooks saddles, and I don't wear padded shorts while riding them. Rides of up to 100 miles that is. The other bikes, yes I wear padding.
Not everyone will agree... :okay:

Interesting. My Brooks B17 was comfortable from day one. All the stuff I heard about the pain of breaking them in just didn't happen, at least not to me. I think I may have a naturally B17 shaped bum. But I changed to a Sella Anatomica to get more setback. Which was OK, but I had to punch holes and lace it to stop the sides rubbing. Also it developed an annoying creak, which I could only get rid of by tightening it massively.

Then I bought a Nitto S84 seat post (which is lovely) and put the B17 back on. On my first ride out it was like sinking in to a favourite armchair.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Look at snug fitting running shorts.

indeed i used to wear the same when i ran a lot as i have big thighs i used to get thigh rub in classic running shorts

Liffy99

Über Member
Is there such a thing as seamless underwear ? I too would like to find some seamless pants to wear underneath shorts. All the ‘seamless’ ones I can see appear more concerned with avoiding seams on the outside leg ( to avoid ‘visible panty line’ 😂) but still have seams on the inside of the thighs . . .

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Is there such a thing as seamless underwear ? I too would like to find some seamless pants to wear underneath shorts. All the ‘seamless’ ones I can see appear more concerned with avoiding seams on the outside leg ( to avoid ‘visible panty line’ 😂) but still have seams on the inside of the thighs . . .

Yes

OP
OP
S

scotsbikester

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/zone3-seam...VgoXVCh1PkgScEAQYBiABEgIz0vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It may be that "seamless" is not quite the benefit it seems, in cycling/sports specific clothing. Maybe the reason that tight fitting shorts/tights often have different panels is that different parts need to stretch in different directions, and give support in different places. Or something like that.

I suppose there's a big difference between very low profile (flat lock?) seams, carefully stitched, and the huge seams you get on a pair of jeans, resulting in that ridiculous lump underneath.

Top Bottom