a million trips!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
no, it's not 1969 revisited. Barclays Hire Bike customers have racked up a million trips. And here's the map.

http://www.steerdavi...Hire-_trips.jpg

I thought that this was interesting. Railway stations are clearly a big deal despite the absence of racks. There are clear spaces in the map, notably Park Lane and Midtown, creating seperate zones. The hire bikes have obviously caught on big time in the City, and the usage is pushing at the eastern and southeastern boundaries, but not so much on the north and west. That suggests that hire bike usage tends to peak where 'normal' bike usage peaks.

edit - I should credit Steer Davies and Gleave who did the map. The clearly know how to manage data (it's an in-joke)

Pottsy

Excellent link. As a Boris bike user and Londoner, I find that quite fascinating.

I saw something similar for Facebook worldwide the other day with connections between users drawn as lines to show areas of usage. Also very interesting.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Don't pretend, boulevardier that you are, that Midtown has escaped you. It's the Bloomsbury/Clerkenwell Continuum. Look Mum No Hands.

Top Bottom