A modern steel frame small size.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Why do shops bother with cycle to work scheme if they are hit with commissions. I want something at the sale price not it’s RRP. :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Why do shops bother with cycle to work scheme if they are hit with commissions. I want something at the sale price not it’s RRP. :sad:

Because the buyers are fine with RRP if they get the tax savings and the retailers need to recoup what they get charged to cash in the vouchers. If you want to pay less and have the cash, just buy reduced.
Don’t you have a commuter bike already?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Because the buyers are fine with RRP if they get the tax savings and the retailers need to recoup what they get charged to cash in the vouchers. If you want to pay less and have the cash, just buy reduced.
Don’t you have a commuter bike already?

No, carbon and Ti but I’m going for the full material stable. I’m tempted to go with the light blue frame. It’s nice in black too.

vickster

Legendary Member
No, carbon and Ti but I’m going for the full material stable. I’m tempted to go with the light blue frame. It’s nice in black too.

I have all 4 mainstream materials myself. Two Ti indeed!
The Alu is a Decathlon Triban bought used to leave for extended periods. Unfortunately it’s black, jazzed up with pink tape ;)
The copper Eq is my favourite :smile:

Nibor

Bewildered
Maybe too heavy and you have to wait months at Ribble.

It wasn't that long as a steel rim brake bike is deeply unfashionable

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It wasn't that long as a steel rim brake bike is deeply unfashionable

Now they’re cool again. Think the come back will stay. Comfort is great on rough British roads and in the real world if you’re not racing they won’t slow you down much at all.

vickster

Legendary Member
Now they’re cool again. Think the come back will stay. Comfort is great on rough British roads and in the real world if you’re not racing they won’t slow you down much at all.

Comfort comes from the tyres too, check clearance. My rim braked Eq only takes 25s with mudguards, the newer maybe 28s

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Comfort comes from the tyres too, check clearance. My rim braked Eq only takes 25s with mudguards, the newer maybe 28s

Same on the light blue. I only moved to 28’s recently will never go back once old tires have worn out.

Top Bottom