A more innocent age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was watching footage of the great Pantani the other day and became whimsical about that innocent time when nobody seemed to wear a helmet.

I recall in particular a touching 80s documentary I once saw about space travel. Near the end of the documentary, a group of children use BMX bicycles to smuggle a cat or a small child past some government officials. I forget the details.

None of the children is wearing a helmet and the cat (or similar) is carried in a handlebar-mounted basket on one of the bicycles. It all seems terribly dangerous, yet nobody is hurt. How the cheeky little monkeys avoided disaster as they slammed up and down earthworks and embankments I do not know.

Not a helmet in sight! One of them is clearly wearing a hoodie with the hood up; another is listening to an MP3 player. I believe one wears a skiing balaclava, something which may have been in vogue at that time.

No face-plants, no RTCs, no RLJs, no Hi-Viz, no lights, no reflectors and no road rash.

What larks!

Dan_h

Was that the one with the flying bicycles? That always seemed foolish with just alien levitation and no parachutes... we should certainly ban that!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[quote="Boris Bajic, post: 1898802, member: 20691"
another is listening to an MP3 player.

In the 80 `s? i remember when the walkman came out and it was a brick !

No face-plants, no RTCs, no RLJs, no Hi-Viz, no lights, no reflectors and no road rash.

What larks![/quote]

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[quote="Boris Bajic, post: 1898802, member: 20691"
another is listening to an MP3 player.

In the 80 `s? i remember when the walkman came out and it was a brick !

What larks!

Yes, and all in the days before allergies and peaodophiles were invented too!

Nowadays, according to The Daily Fail, we can't move for them now!

I also remember far more recently the Naval Dockyards - at 16:30 a three or four minute stream of hundreds of cyclists completely took over the roads.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I use this saying every few days ,people say there was better weather in the past or there was less crime etc,I still say as you get older you just remember the good times,there was plenty of inclemenmt weather loads of pedos about but you choose to remember good things,:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom