A must for any saddle/tool bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bealz998

I recently bought one of these bad boys...... It's a 'Presta to Schrader adapter'.
Can't believe I haven't found these sooner !
Ideal if you get a puncture on the road and your bike pump doesn't quite do the job properly...... But at least it'll get you to the nearest petrol station where you can wack this adapter on and get the air line onto your tyre to the required pressure. Also if you have an air compressor at home, it takes only a few seconds to pump them up.
£1.50 or so off eBay

I've brought these and used for the first time today I take it u unscrew the centre of the presta valve and screw this adapter on ? As when I tyred to u a compressor it only read 70psi but the tyre was like a rock and I didn't dare out any more in?

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Yeah mines the same, but iv got a digital pressure gauge which I always use to check anyway. Mine reads 100psi on the air compressor but I know there's more in there. Usually go up to 110psi, checking as I go.

rovers1875

Veteran
Vital kit has to be a spare tube, a few self adhesive patches, tyre levers and CO2 inflator (Small pump is OK, but when it raining and your at the side of the road, do you want to spend 10 minutes pumping like mad) And last but not least fig rolls and beer money

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Get a decent pump - a Road Morph is my pump of choice.
You'll feel a right pillock walking your bike to the nearest garage, assuming you know where it is.
Garage air lines (even with schrader adapters) are A Bad Idea - I've seen one explode a bike tyre, and it's really, really loud!
Car tyres need large volumes of air at low pressure - bike tyres are the exact opposite.

Top Bottom