A new scarey thing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
In my experience, those who drive most badly are those with a financial imperative to drive quickly , these include ,but are not limited to ,Taxi drivers # *Tipper drivers, Ready mix drivers and Skip lorry drivers. This morning I was passed by a nightmare, a tipper driver , towing a trailer , with another skip!

#By Taxi I mean those that outside of London drive normal cars, not London Carriage office Hackney cab divers

* Considering that they seem to think that the way to make more money is to get from pay off to pay off as fast as possible, why does it never occur to them that they can reduce the 0MPH time by having change ready or opening doors or coming to the door and that reducing 0MPH time is more efficiient than increasing 60+MPH time?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is a tipper driver a cleansing (rubbish) lorry?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No, those that are used for delivering tipping loads, gravel, tarmac, topsoil... they are normally paid by load rather than by hour or salary.
Oh, thanks for that. Don't think I've ever come across one of these in my area. My worst nightmare is getting sandwiched between a double decker bus and a cleansing lorry. Never happened yet!

Terry Kay

Worst I've come across are kids on mopeds.. Had 2 riding side by side past me other day - one within inches, beeping his horn as he passed me (up a hill...)

Commercial drivers are mostly considerate around here..

Where I used to work was across from a tipper and skip hire company.
One of them managed to shunt a car 50 yards out of a junction and down a road without noticing it was in front of him. He was too busy screaming and yelling at the surgically enhanced assets of the girl in the car beside him.
Got to say I never knew you could powerslide a 4 axle skip truck either.

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes, the skill is in not being in their way when their affliction takes control of them.

Top Bottom