A New Start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hunterforce

Well..............
i posted a while ago that i had just got back into cycling and after a long hard think i decided to purchase a new MTB.
My local shop to work (Who in fact are fantastic) spent a good deal of time advising me as to what was best, in the end i purchased a Scott aspect sport 29er!!

AWESOME BIKE!!!! feels soooooo different to my old Claud butler so much easier to ride in so many ways

last Sunday i took it out for the first time off road, going down a decent and for some unknown reason the chain came off the back cassette and jammed between the back of the wheel and the cassette, i ended up going down in a big way :sad:, both wrists smashed and massive bruising inside both legs, not a good way to start with a new bike :sad:
4 hours down A+E and i ended up all strapped up for a few weeks

I took the bike back to the guys at the shop on the Monday and they were great, i had managed to damage :- right brake lever, rear hanger rear cassette rear derailleur

bent rear wheel and scuffed gripps.
To say i was gutted was an under statement, £700 bike and its bust!!!
Well as they said the bike can be sorted, humans cant, it could have been a lot worse.
Well today 13 days later they call and i get my bike back :smile:
they didn't have many of the original parts in stock so they have upgraded All items.
The wrists still hurt and ache a bit so im going to take it easy for a few more weeks, but then ill be back on it.

Well this hopefully will be my new start!!! my scott 29er had pride of place in the front room, much to the wifes discust hahaha.

Pics to follow.

Peteaud

Veteran
Glad your feeling better.

OP
OP
Hunterforce

Hunterforce

599735_10151894972220693_233876710_n.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

sabian92

Über Member
F**k me, that looks agony.

Glad you're feeling better - make sure everything is adjusted properly yourself though, and if you aren't happy tell them to fix it.

OP
OP
Hunterforce

Hunterforce

F**k me, that looks agony.

Glad you're feeling better - make sure everything is adjusted properly yourself though, and if you aren't happy tell them to fix it.
Ive been out tonight for a bit, taken it real easy as the wrists are still not right, and all seems good, the front wheel does seem a little out, so ill pop that back to them to true it up i think, but im just a little edgey on it at the min if that makes sence

Agree with HLaB, sounds like aladjusted or non-adjusted limiter screw. Bit of a schoolboy error if in the part of the LBS.

Probably being v cynical here, but no wonder they upgraded all the busted components!

Hope you recover well mate and sort of welcome aboard.

OP
OP
Hunterforce

Hunterforce

Agree with HLaB, sounds like aladjusted or non-adjusted limiter screw. Bit of a schoolboy error if in the part of the LBS.

Probably being v cynical here, but no wonder they upgraded all the busted components!

Hope you recover well mate and sort of welcome aboard.
Thanks mate :smile:

Top Bottom