A New Way to Deal with RLJers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adasta

So I was at some traffic lights, waiting for the lights to turn from red to green. I sensed someone to my right-hand side. As I turned my head, I saw that he was inching past me with the clear intention of RLJing. I was feeling in a good mood, so I said "Don't you jump that red light..." in the same way Marge Simpson might say "Now Homer, don't you eat this pie..."

Nevertheless, he RLJed, clearly defying my good-natured castigation. I still felt in a good mood, so I thought of a fun way to chastise him:

I booed.

Now, I'm new to this road-cycling lark, but this strikes me as a pretty harmless way of venting frustration. The guy had already set off, so it wasn't like I was putting him off his stride or that I feared any immediate retribution. It all seemed quite pleasant. Plus, a guy arrived behind me and started laughing as soon as I booed so it appears that my actions had the desired effect. :blush:

Does anyone else do this?

her_welshness

Do it all the time.

My replies are normally:

'Oh, wellll done'
Sing-song voice 'red light jumper'
'Ahh right, you're on a Boris Bike, that means you can go through red lights' (I need to shorten this one)

Chances are that they are so slow, that I tend to pass them by and then just gently point out to them that they have done this, which is when I either get a blank stare or they tell me to f*ck off.

Davidc

Guru
"It's the leader of the pack". (RLJer must be old enough to remember the Shangrila's song that was in Kenny Everet's "World's Worst Record Show")

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Does anyone else do this?
I'm afraid I go 'tch, tch, tch young people today'. If they look liike a sack of potatoes I say 'poetry in motion'. And if they're young and do it three times in succession I'll probably give them a friendly cuff round the back of the head as I pass them for the fourth time.....

As Easy As Riding A Bike

Admittedly only tangentially relevant to this topic -

http://www.youtube.c...s&feature=feedu

but this chap was through the lights so fast I don't think even a syllable could have been uttered.

Top Bottom