A Nice Big Pair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
A good reason to use primary along this section of road. Like old friends who got bigger and bigger but soon to be gone hopefully as they a positioned perfectly to catch out any unsuspecting cyclists on a poorly lit section of road. nicepair.JPG

subaqua

What’s the point
A good reason to use primary along this section of road. Like old friends who got bigger and bigger but soon to be gone hopefully as they a positioned perfectly to catch out any unsuspecting cyclists on a poorly lit section of road. [attachment=2030:nicepair.JPG]

and you think a spray marking round them means it will be fixed in your lifetime :smile: there are several along the road i live on that have been there for over 3 years now.

some outside my house went after the burst watermain 3 doors down and I bribed the reinstatenment crew with bacon butties and mugs of decent tea.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I think they will be fixed quite soon, normally within a month once sprayed with yellow paint plus it is on a major bus route and they are almost at the "damage a bus" stage.

Hopefully it will be a proper fix and not a patch bodge, a patch bodge quite often ends up worse than the original pothole as they look good but as soon as you ride over them you realise they are very far from being smooth and best avoided, although well camouflaged especially at night.

Holdsworth

Über Member
We have a couple of nasty potholes around here, one in particular is quite bad. It is situated on the left hand side of the road before a line of three speed cushions. Most cyclists would go down the gutter for short distance to go around the cushion and then resume normal riding, but this one is right in the way and quite big (6-8" in diameter and around 2-3" deep). When I go past it I indicate right and move into primary to go through the gap between the two cushions, thus avoiding the pothole and going over the cushion on 23c tyres.

The other week the taxi I was travelling in ran over the pothole and swerved violently to the right, luckily there was no oncoming traffic otherwise it could've been nasty!!! I have also received word that a friend's sister had here car wheel damaged by that hole and is going to the council to claim. I reported the pothole months ago when it was smaller before the snow, but still a danger, and nothing has been done aboout it. Not even a ring of paint around it or nothing
angry.gif

I might take a piccy of it in the next few days to post it and also send it to the council.

subaqua

What’s the point
And after they "fixed" them, how long before will they last?

[attachment=2051:nicepair2.JPG]

less than 6 months. The cost of doing/outsourcing a shoddy job like that twice, will be more than cutting a nice square section out , putting a proper bedding material in , sealing the edges and then putting the topping on and sealing that so it lasts for 10 years or more.

doncha just love the false economics local authorities give you

A good reason to use primary along this section of road. Like old friends who got bigger and bigger but soon to be gone hopefully as they a positioned perfectly to catch out any unsuspecting cyclists on a poorly lit section of road. [attachment=2030:nicepair.JPG]

Thats just laziness on the part of the repair crew as the surveyor has clearly marked in the first pic that the whole of the lane is to be replaced. I'd get onto the council and report the bad workmanship.

subaqua

What’s the point
Thats just laziness on the part of the repair crew as the surveyor has clearly marked in the first pic that the whole of the lane is to be replaced. I'd get onto the council and report the bad workmanship.

I have done this before as well. even sending pictures in . they must hate me

The edges look like they have failed already.

A few weeks.

Somehow I doubt they even compacted the first batch they put in, so along with the edges being ripped out, it might also sink in the middle.

Are they raised? I call this type "anti-potholes" as they are just as bumpy as before they were repaired.

Top Bottom