A nice result today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We support our local charity shops with donations of clothing and household goods.
I also, occasionally buy something if it appeals.
Now some will be aware that I am partial to a nice Cognac (or a nice whisky). So today, in a charity shop window I noticed 2 very nice Edinburgh glass brandy/Cognac glasses @ £5.00 each. New and boxed.
So I dug deep and bought them.
I tell you, I am now sat, enjoying a Cognac and I do believe it tastes better :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Charity shops are great. I buy my Y fronts from Oxfam.

Levo-Lon

Guru
You cant beat a good charity shop, especially in a wealthy area, oh yes to a good find.

My wife would be a good antique dealer. She would quite like to have a antique shop.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You cant beat a good charity shop, especially in a wealthy area, oh yes to a good find.
Our "wealthy area" is a pain to get to but my daugher and grandaughter have done well from them.
My brandy glasses sell at £50.00 online so I am happy with that deal.
My S.i.L works for a very wealthy guy of similar build who is always giving him his 'worn once' £500 a pair trainers. He sent me 3 pairs of golf trousers. Never worn and labels in. £90 each pair. Sadly they were too small for me so I gave them to another guy at the club.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Our "wealthy area" is a pain to get to but my daugher and grandaughter have done well from them.
My brandy glasses sell at £50.00 online so I am happy with that deal.
My S.i.L works for a very wealthy guy of similar build who is always giving him his 'worn once' £500 a pair trainers. He sent me 3 pairs of golf trousers. Never worn and labels in. £90 each pair. Sadly they were too small for me so I gave them to another guy at the club.

Ridiculous isn't it..
My exclusive golf club was £750 a yr lol, in the swamps of Cambridgeshire

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In fact, I don't bother with expensive washing machines.

I have 2 sets of clothes, when one set is dirty I donate them to Oxfam, and when the second set is dirty I buy back the first set for pennies, all cleaned and pressed.
Boom Boom.
Not heard that classic joke for years.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
We support our local charity shops with donations of clothing and household goods.
I also, occasionally buy something if it appeals.
Now some will be aware that I am partial to a nice Cognac (or a nice whisky). So today, in a charity shop window I noticed 2 very nice Edinburgh glass brandy/Cognac glasses @ £5.00 each. New and boxed.
So I dug deep and bought them.
I tell you, I am now sat, enjoying a Cognac and I do believe it tastes better :smile:

My mate Paul has a cognac warmer

silea-brandy-warmer-glass-stand_360_359f879eb901e91c8079148bb2e595e0.jpg

Top Bottom