A noise I haven't seen mentioned before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Has anyone mentioned the howling wolf noise a dry Mavic freehub makes? Not only at full moon either.
Cracked me up. I read that as your freehub howls when you're doing a full moon. :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I had/have a 'swishing' sound on my hybrid when pedalling, though not when freewheeling ...

Yup - normal clothes, trousers rubbing on top tube - but at least I sussed it myself :thumbsup:

ayceejay

Guru
My son borrowed my bike and when I got it back it sounded like a motor cycle. I removed all my clothes and tried again - still the same, I stripped the BB and greased the seat tube tightened the saddle and stem it was when I was checking the chain for nicks that I noticed the playing card attached to the seat stay.
Just kidding.

My son borrowed my bike and when I got it back it sounded like a motor cycle. I removed all my clothes and tried again - still the same, I stripped the BB and greased the seat tube tightened the saddle and stem it was when I was checking the chain for nicks that I noticed the playing card attached to the seat stay.
Just kidding.
Seriously, ALL your clothes. Sounds like a fetish to me.
On another note, an annoying clinking noise on my commute was identified as my keys in my trouser pocket.

Top Bottom