A Pedals Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I was completely unaware that pedals came with different thread sizes, until due to the pedal bearings going on my spinning bike (no doubt due to the enormous power i am putting through them, that or the bearings dying boredom due to little use) and found my spare road bike pedals have a bigger thread than the ones on the spinning bike.
After sitting with a tape measure trying to measure the threads on each pedal i have had a look on the internet and it looks like there are two sizes 1/2inch & 9/16 inch.
Is this the case or are there more to be had, and are they still always in inches or do we have millimetres in the mix.
If there are only the two and its the 1/2 i need for a replacement what are the options , are they kids pedals , cheap exercise bike pedals or are SPDs type available in 1/inch

Unfortunately there's no sanity in the mix, only inches. The 1/2 inch pedals you find will all be cheapies, I'm sure. You can always have your (competent) bike shop ream out the 1/2 inch cranks so you can fit quality 9/16 pedals.

Top Bottom