"A pedestrian made me crash... but I must foot the bill"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The bloke sounds like a right dick, and as for the helmet how would one have saved his gnashers, full face jobbie?

(and will someone tell him they are called brakes and you are supposed to use them rather than shout "watch out")

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4585728, member: 9609"]You weren't listing to Vine today were you ? some idiot motormouth car journalist from Manchester (steve berry?) getting all worked up about helmets road tax reg plates - feck it was irratating[/QUOTE]

Certainly not ! I try and avoid Daily Mail type stuff, on whatever media. It is intended to annoy and hence get listeners / readers. I fall for it sometimes but useually stay away.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It sounds as if he's lucky not to have been presented with a substantial bill for the injuries to the pedestrian.

Reactions: mjr

winjim

Smash the cistern
High street friday lunchtime, going so fast that

"I hit the top tube hard enough on my way to the tarmac that the brake levers bent 45 degrees, while the breaks** themselves buckled and various other bits on my bike suffered damage. "

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/life...us-cycle-accident-nhs-faultless-police-inept/

Yup, too fast

**sic- copy&paste from link below
He has his brake levers mounted on the top tube? But yes, far too fast.

Sub-headline: Swervy swerve. Main text: Braky brake. Which was it Paul?

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He has his brake levers mounted on the top tube? But yes, far too fast.
It's no good - the tortured mind of @winjim has defeated me! I just can't find a bike with such controls in an image search :laugh:

Sub-headline: Swervy swerve. Main text: Braky brake. Which was it Paul?
Probably Braky brake but the sub-editor hates him.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 4585728, member: 9609"]You weren't listing to Vine today were you ? some idiot motormouth car journalist from Manchester (steve berry?) getting all worked up about helmets road tax reg plates - feck it was irratating[/QUOTE]
I'd like to point out that Steve Berry is from Bury, which although it is part of Greater Manchester, does not mean he is a Mancunian.

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's no good - the tortured mind of @winjim has defeated me! I just can't find a bike with such controls in an image search :laugh:

Probably Braky brake but the sub-editor hates him.
You're not looking very hard.
JonathanWilliams-2.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Stunt pegs on the back wheel too. Brake on the crossbar means the steering can be spun.
What an unusual/weird set-up.
I think it's just hipsters tbh. Here's a seat post mounted one.
3642037271_389a803bc7_o.jpg

And here's an awesome bottom bracket mounted crankset disc brake system for your fixie.
3643301235_d6f6918c40.jpg

Top Bottom