A personal request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I hope you will forgive this personal request and ask that the moderators don't move it since most of the people I know on this forum are in this area, but I would just like to draw to your attention, the insane challenge which I and 5 others will be undertaking beginning this Friday at noon for the charities that help kids with disabilities in my home town of Kingston: a 48 hour+ non-stop triathlon!

Full details are here: http://www.tritillyoucry.ca

All donations appreciated!

Oh, and clearly I will not be available from Friday until some time in the middle of next week... assuming I survive!

PS: and if you all want to have an argument any issues raised by this, feel free! ;)

I hope you will forgive this personal request and ask that the moderators don't move it since most of the people I know on this forum are in this area, but I would just like to draw to your attention, the insane challenge which I and 5 others will be undertaking beginning this Friday at noon for the charities that help kids with disabilities in my home town of Kingston: a 48 hour+ non-stop triathlon!

Oh, and clearly I will not be available from Friday until some time in the middle of next week... assuming I survive!

PS: and if you all want to have an argument any issues raised by this, feel free! ;)

Well done and all the best to you. Hoping to do some charity rides later in the summer when my boy gets out of hospital.

:bravo:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I would just like to draw to your attention, the insane challenge which I and 5 others will be undertaking beginning this Friday at noon for the charities that help kids with disabilities in my home town of Kingston: a 48 hour+ non-stop triathlon!

Poor show, really - I'm sure they do some kind of waterproof smartphone covers to enable you to post details and photos of your progress mid-swim...

Good luck Monkey! Sounds like hell!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, I got to 18 hours before I had to drop out as my knees couldn't take the impact from the running anymore. I wasn't sure whether my long-term ongoing knee problems would cause problems, and they did. I could have kept on swimming and cycling. This probably means I will never be able to run a marathon, which means.

The others are still going as I write, at 20 hours... although 2 or 3 of them are not looking good. I suspect 24 hours will be the limit for all but 1 or 2.

Well, I got to 18 hours before I had to drop out as my knees couldn't take the impact from the running anymore. I wasn't sure whether my long-term ongoing knee problems would cause problems, and they did. I could have kept on swimming and cycling. This probably means I will never be able to run a marathon.

The others are still going as I write, at 20 hours... although 2 or 3 of them are not looking good. I suspect 24 hours will be the limit for all but 1 or 2.

I know you're disappointed FM but that was a brilliant show and your commitment in training is something to be proud of. Not bad for your first tri either. Big hugs :hugs:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I know you're disappointed FM but that was a brilliant show and your commitment in training is something to be proud of. Not bad for your first tri either. Big hugs :hugs:

Thanks. Of the others, two went at 30 hours, two more at 48, and Vicki Keith, world-record breaking marathon swimmer, was still going as of last night and intending to finish Monday morning...

Shaun

Founder
Thanks. Of the others, two went at 30 hours, two more at 48, and Vicki Keith, world-record breaking marathon swimmer, was still going as of last night and intending to finish Monday morning...

Starts with F and ends in 'ell .... :ohmy:

I wouldn't have lasted 180 mins never mind 18 hours - you did good FM. Don't be disappointed. Besides, your knees will thank you for it. No need to do yourself an injury!! :thumbsup:

Is Vicki still going or has she stopped now?

PS. Check out your user title ... lol :laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ha... ha... ha...

Thanks! But actually I am not at all tired, and I wish I could start again right now. I think I could do it this time...

Eeek! Step away from the Triathlon!

Well done FM - 18 hours of Triathlon sounds a bloody long time to me. Mind you, even half an hour of the swimming and running bits also sound like an eternity to me. Will bung a small donation over on payday...

Top Bottom