A public confession. Dalby Forest rider 13/07/03.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I want to tell this to the forum as I still feel bad about it all these years later; it makes me feel bad every time I think about it.

On 13 or 14 July 2003 I was competing solo in the Polaris MTB Challenge in Dalby Forst, North York Moors. I was riding back to the event centre and rejoined a tarmac forest road with only a few minutes to go before I started losing penalty points. Can't remember if it was the Saturday or the Sunday so I had been riding for either 7 or 4 hours and I was pretty pooped. A bloke on a road bike overtook me, we started talking and seeing that I was tired and in a hurry he told me to get on his back wheel. He towed me the last couple of miles back to the event centre where I peeled off into the car park with minutes to spare. I just have one last memory of him glancing over his shoulder and I can still hear him thinking: "Ungrateful sod... he could have thanked me!".

Well if you were that roadie, I'm sorry fella, I really did appreciate the tow but I was tired and overwhelmed at finishing and I just forgot my manners.

ChrisKH

Guru
Pay it Forward.

You've seen the film. Now it's time to give your uncashed endowment away.:biggrin:

yenrod

Dave5N said:
SO it was you!

I have been rude to every mountain biker I have ever encountered since that day!

Actually, DAve, I think your telling porkies as it was actually ME ! :biggrin:

Top Bottom