A public confession. Dalby Forest rider 13/07/03.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Globalti, 17 Mar 2008.

1. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I want to tell this to the forum as I still feel bad about it all these years later; it makes me feel bad every time I think about it.

On 13 or 14 July 2003 I was competing solo in the Polaris MTB Challenge in Dalby Forst, North York Moors. I was riding back to the event centre and rejoined a tarmac forest road with only a few minutes to go before I started losing penalty points. Can't remember if it was the Saturday or the Sunday so I had been riding for either 7 or 4 hours and I was pretty pooped. A bloke on a road bike overtook me, we started talking and seeing that I was tired and in a hurry he told me to get on his back wheel. He towed me the last couple of miles back to the event centre where I peeled off into the car park with minutes to spare. I just have one last memory of him glancing over his shoulder and I can still hear him thinking: "Ungrateful sod... he could have thanked me!".

Well if you were that roadie, I'm sorry fella, I really did appreciate the tow but I was tired and overwhelmed at finishing and I just forgot my manners.

2. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Pay it Forward.

You've seen the film. Now it's time to give your uncashed endowment away.:biggrin:

3. simonali

simonali Über Member

Isn't that a good thing?

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

SO it was you!

I have been rude to every mountain biker I have ever encountered since that day!

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Actually, DAve, I think your telling porkies as it was actually ME ! :biggrin:

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Yeah, on reflection I think you might be right, Yenners.

I was only being rude to the fat tired community just in case it was me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice