A radio play I wrote about 15 years ago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Radio Airport - YouTube linky...
I wrote this around 15 years ago and had half forgotten about but recently i found a CD copy of it and thought I would add some slides and upload it to YouTube. It was produced by a not for profit production company Crystal clear Creators and broadcast on several community radio stations and an internet play based radio station (can't remember its name)

Its aged okay but some of my writing now seems a little naïve now as it was pretty much one of the first things I wrote that 'got out' and I think this is a proof copy as the odd sound effect is missing and an occasional page turn is heard.. I believe a slightly more edited version was made for broadcast but I can't find a copy of that version

I hope you like it, it predates Walliams and Lucas' Come Fly With Me by at least 2 years and its a full length pilot episode (pun intended) at 25 minutes

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why hasn't anyone replied to this thread?🤔 Apart from me.

Good morning,

Why hasn't anyone replied to this thread?🤔 Apart from me.

I listened to some of it, but there is a limit to what I can usefully say as the OP wasn't asking for constructive (or otherwise) criticism.

More generally I think that there is reluctance to follow links to self owned sites or materials and over time this has been getting greater as the link may be to pure advertising material.

I also followed the link on @CrankPunk 's thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/kplus-nova-helmet-from-taiwan-reviewed.272446/#post-6325178 and ended up looking at his web site and his contact page, https://crankpunk.com/contact/ which has many entries for services offering to drive traffic to his site. You can't stop people adding these to your comments page, but you can delete them.

As another example; A few years I ago I thought that it would be a good idea to publish one page ghost stories that pubs and restaurants could print off use as ice breakers, something for the regulars to talk about etc, not great literature just short, interesting or humorous stories.

http://iansmithcse.co.uk/BaG/Stories/ShowStory.aspx?StoryID=4

Now do you see this link as advertising, or a useful link to something that is interesting, or a combination of both? :smile:

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Radio Airport - YouTube linky...
I wrote this around 15 years ago and had half forgotten about but recently i found a CD copy of it and thought I would add some slides and upload it to YouTube. It was produced by a not for profit production company Crystal clear Creators and broadcast on several community radio stations and an internet play based radio station (can't remember its name)

Its aged okay but some of my writing now seems a little naïve now as it was pretty much one of the first things I wrote that 'got out' and I think this is a proof copy as the odd sound effect is missing and an occasional page turn is heard.. I believe a slightly more edited version was made for broadcast but I can't find a copy of that version

I hope you like it, it predates Walliams and Lucas' Come Fly With Me by at least 2 years and its a full length pilot episode (pun intended) at 25 minutes
If you can post it in an AUDIO format (i.e. not on YouTube) I'll try to listen to it. No promises though!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Reminds me of Victoria Wood's, "Welcome to the 'World of Cacherel' ... totally bono fido... not trying to sell anything."

Top Bottom