A rare occasion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
On my way to school this morning I saw a broken down Rolls Royce. This is indeed something one doesn't see very often. Plenty of German cars broken down though.

screenman

Legendary Member
On my way to school this morning I saw a broken down Rolls Royce. This is indeed something one doesn't see very often. Plenty of German cars broken down though.

I bought my first one with a blown head gasket, fair enough it was 25 years old and would now be 62.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I remember a chap my father used to know who owned a Rolls Royce. One day he’s out and the back axle breaks. He calls Rolls Royce who collect the car, fix it and return it saying they’ll send him the bill. After a few days, the chap who is an honest bloke, is getting worried he hasn’t had the bill yet. He rings Rolls Royce who said, “I’m sorry sir, you must be mistaken, back axles don’t break on Rolls Royces. Thank you for your call!”

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I remember a chap my father used to know who owned a Rolls Royce. One day he’s out and the back axle breaks. He calls Rolls Royce who collect the car, fix it and return it saying they’ll send him the bill. After a few days, the chap who is an honest bloke, is getting worried he hasn’t had the bill yet. He rings Rolls Royce who said, “I’m sorry sir, you must be mistaken, back axles don’t break on Rolls Royces. Thank you for your call!”
That story was going around way back in the 60s I think it is a myth sorry

My guess is that it is all down to statistics, not reliability.

Which reminds me, I have never ever seen a Bughatti Veyron broken down anywhere.

I'm sure one of you BV owners will correct my spelling for me.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
My last neighbour had a Bentley. It broke down once and when they took it away on a transporter they covered it over. Can't have bad publicity can we?

Top Bottom