a rear shimano MTB hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

A rear hub. for an mtb. Any offers.
I'll take goods aswell as / instead of cash.
I've had it on my MTB for about a year, it developed a little bit of play a few months ago and I just tightened the locknut with a spanner, I've since realised this isn't what you're supposed to do.

It's been running fine since, but just today I noticed it has developed a bit of play again.

I thought i'd have a go at the "hub servicing" instructions on the park tool website, but I couldn't really do it that well - I got the cone off, and could see the bearings inside and they looked really shiny and ok.
Put some grease on the cone, put it back on, but when I'd done it all up i'd discovered there was far too much axle showing on one side and not enough on the other.

My subsequent attempts to correct it have just ended in me not being able to hold it in a position whereby i can tighten it, and unable to turn the locknut(s) due to it just turning the whole axle.

So I'm just going to whack a new hope one on there and be done with it.

However, myexisting one has probably got a bit of life left in it, with somebody who's got the inclination to fiddle about with it a lot / an axle vice / a clever method of tightening it.

if you want it, let me know how much you think you're willing to give me for it, i am open to offers of used goods you don't want aswell as /instead of hard cash.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

if you want it can you pm me please 'cos i don't check this part of the forum mutch.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
a badly serviced and worm out shimano rear hub?

is this an auction,with an end time & date?

the first offer is the steam off my shoot?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

hubgearfreak said:
a badly serviced and worm out shimano rear hub?

is this an auction,with an end time & date?

the first offer is the steam off my shoot?:biggrin:

Like i say it's probably still got some life in it if you can be arsed to service it.
Bog off then if you don't like it. It's not like i'm expecting the national debt of the congo for it. :rolleyes:
it hasn't got sturmey archer gears in it so it wouldn't do for you anyway.

The end time and date is probably when I move house later this year when it'll probably fall victim to a clearout and not survive the transition. But would rather it went to somebody whose hub is REALLY GENUINELY fu*ked and can't afford a new one.

Top Bottom