a sad day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And why are you selling it?

:tongue: First the avatar...then the vanette...doesn't want to post so much...
<mystery music> ;)

:evil:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

beanzontoast said:
So no real loss then?

not really...
don't think it's likely to reach the end of the auction really people are biting my hand off. Everyone wants it because everyone who's anyone in the biking community knows they'll own not just any van but bonj's van ;):evil:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

spandex said:
he's been looking into this. Ill give him that
eh? :tongue: what, asin researching? I haven't really...

Aperitif said:
:sad: First the avatar...then the vanette...doesn't want to post so much...
<mystery music> :wacko:

:tongue:

:biggrin: no mystery i assure you. Changed the avatar 'cos every bugger and his dog decided to jump on various variations of my other one! :evil: ;) So it wasn't hard to hop on t' net and find another new species that had only just recently evolved.
van's going just 'cos it's a bit of a dog for commuting really, a little car's a lot nippier and MUCH less thirsty on fuel being as it is only a 1.0 litre engine, and less noisy. Bikes are slightly safer in a van but i'm not going to lose too much sleep over them being on a towbar rack.
If it can still carry bikes it's a no brainer really which is why i went for it..

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
eh? :wacko: what, asin researching? I haven't really...

:biggrin: no mystery i assure you. Changed the avatar 'cos every bugger and his dog decided to jump on various variations of my other one! :tongue: ;) So it wasn't hard to hop on t' net and find another new species that had only just recently evolved.
van's going just 'cos it's a bit of a dog for commuting really, a little car's a lot nippier and MUCH less thirsty on fuel being as it is only a 1.0 litre engine, and less noisy. Bikes are slightly safer in a van but i'm not going to lose too much sleep over them being on a towbar rack.
If it can still carry bikes it's a no brainer really which is why i went for it..

i wish more people would take that approach bonj, :tongue: especially those who drive into work solo in 4x4s little smaller than a hummer. :evil:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

spandex said:
he's been looking into this. Ill give him that

Aperitif said:
:sad: First the avatar...then the vanette...doesn't want to post so much...
<mystery music> :tongue:

:sad:

alecstilleyedye said:
i wish more people would take that approach bonj, :biggrin: especially those who drive into work solo in 4x4s little smaller than a hummer. :evil:

tell me about it :tongue:

the van's sold now ;):wacko:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

..and now you're moving you don't need the van to keep your bikes in?...

To be honest it will be slightly less convenient until i do move, as it means if i want to take the bike somewhere it's a case of taking the rack downstairs and into the carpark, putting it on the car, THEN coming BACK for the bike, as I used to do when I had the beemer. Although it's a temporary measure, and it's a pain in the arse anyway when i'm carrying lots of stuff aswell as a bike with the bloody annoying spring-shut fire regulation doors.

I didn't use it to KEEP bikes in, only to transport them - although i would have kept them in there if went abroad with bikes say or to wales for a whole weekend, but I'll probably be able to find somewhere secure to chain them to if I do. Most people get on fine with rear towbar mounted racks, you see tons of 'em onthe back of cars in the carpark at dalby.

Top Bottom