A saddle with long rails?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
I recently fitted a Carradice quick release bracket to my saddle rails but the shortness of said rails means I can no longer position my saddle forwards enough for what I feel is the optimum position in relation to the pedals and I'm having to scoot towards the nose. (It's a specialized riva.) Can anyone recommend a cheapish saddle with extra long rails to allow a more forwards position? Failing that, an expensive saddle that'll have to wait 'til next pay day?

I suppose the other option is a seatpost with less or no 'sweep back' but how would that effect the ride quality?

Ta.

I recently fitted a Carradice quick release bracket to my saddle rails but the shortness of said rails means I can no longer position my saddle forwards enough for what I feel is the optimum position in relation to the pedals and I'm having to scoot towards the nose. (It's a specialized riva.) Can anyone recommend a cheapish saddle with extra long rails to allow a more forwards position? Failing that, an expensive saddle that'll have to wait 'til next pay day?

I suppose the other option is a seatpost with less or no 'sweep back' but how would that effect the ride quality?

Ta.

Do you have room for the SQR bracket instead of the Bagman (as I presume you have), assuming your seatpost isnt carbon you can use it?

What I think you need:

1040-2929-main-sqr_uplift-5.jpg

What I think you have:

bagman.jpg

You could do a For Sale or Fleabay for the old bracket - they hold their values pretty well.....

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Cheers, you're right. I do have the bagman QR but I've taken the support off and strapped the bottom of the bag to the seatpost. I can reattach the support if I'm due to carry something heavier. Besides the seat position issue it seems to work really well being quick enough to so far to take the bag on and off (and ahem it looks good) so I'm loathe to ditch the system. I've just been out and about and it may just be a matter of getting used to the new position as my knees are still roughly over the pedal axles when cranks are horizontal. If it still doesn't feel right this time next week and no saddle solutions spring out then I may yet do a for sale of the bagman.

Top Bottom