A sensible Doctor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Finally got a date for my shoulder op, the 11th July. Sub acromial decompression ahoy.

Met with the anaesthetist today so he could check I wasnt about to kark it. BP great, pulse low, height 193, weight 118.8kg.

Chappie is a cheeky cockney sort. He looks at the chart for my height v weight and proclaims, "technically you're obese mate...", but then carries on, " but don't believe that bull****. You're a big strong feller, not a bloater like some we get through here. A weights man?". I informed him I was, but I'm now cycling, running and doing regular but light work on the cables. "Ah, no worries. This system is bull**** really, don't know why they make us bother."

He was a ruddy nice, down to Earth bloke to chat to, but what a refreshingly awesome approach to BMI. I ought to get him to drop in here.

He was just afraid you'd get angry, sit on him and squash him to death, ya big fat git

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Wasn't this chap, was it?
giphy.gif

Finally got a date for my shoulder op, the 11th July. Sub acromial decompression ahoy.

Met with the anaesthetist today so he could check I wasnt about to kark it. BP great, pulse low, height 193, weight 118.8kg.

Chappie is a cheeky cockney sort. He looks at the chart for my height v weight and proclaims, "technically you're obese mate...", but then carries on, " but don't believe that bull****. You're a big strong feller, not a bloater like some we get through here. A weights man?". I informed him I was, but I'm now cycling, running and doing regular but light work on the cables. "Ah, no worries. This system is bull**** really, don't know why they make us bother."

He was a ruddy nice, down to Earth bloke to chat to, but what a refreshingly awesome approach to BMI. I ought to get him to drop in here.

We have some damned fine Anaesthetists too, who are seemingly like your man
There's two Consultants, who are members of the local Triathlon Club
Another who is starting to run/ride

Sure it wasn't just the cleaner in a white coat?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sure it wasn't just the cleaner in a white coat?

You can jest ! A pal of mine was poorly in India and got his hotel manager to call the doc out. A white coated chap came to see him in his room, gave him a bit of a check over then wrote out "paracetemol" on a bit of paper saying "this is what you need, you have flu". A little while later another white coated gentleman arrived, and (correctly) diagnosed malaria. Turned out the first bloke was indeed the janitor hence the white coat. He hadn't been masquerading as a doctor, but was just being concerned that one of the hotel guests looked ill, and gave a bit of amateur advice.

Top Bottom