A sting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave G

On saturday morning, was cycling down a hill, reasonably quick (35mph) when I was struck square between the eyes by something I didn't see coming.

Was extremely painful, like being hit by a stone.......there was no traffic, so can't have been. No pierced skin and no sting sticking out of my face.

Over the last few days it's been itching, a little sore and seems to have swollen. There's no obvious bite/sting mark.

Tonight, came home from work and decided to go out and do some hard hill riding.

Got home and Mrs G takes one look at me and dons and immediate face of concern. I look in the mirror and the front of my head has swollen.......I actually look like a vulcan.

Bizarre.........do you think this must be a sting, perhaps a bee? Whatever it was that hit me, was large and it certainly wasn't the usual fly strike.

Does this warrant a trip to the quacks or am I being a girls blouse?

yenrod

fghfg dfsdfsd dasdjk;ashd asdfaskjlsk a aw ijoij i aslkjdh;akjlsd !

Klingon/Vulcan for (christ me - that sounds bad !) :angry:

Seriously, maybe with everything you say; speed and the likes...it was a bee/wasp & you just got the nasty bit etc...

OP
OP
Dave G

Dave G

You can tell I'm not a Trekkie - I meant a Klingon.......not a Vulcan (my ears are fine)!!

could this be a rare case of Lyme's Disease? Better put your affairs in order.

Go to the quack. What have you got to lose except an hour reading pamphlets on prostate cancer, and another hour being used as a statistics database.

02GF74

Über Member
I've cuycled into a bumble bee once, saw it right in front of my eye, too late to reactt hen bang!!! didn't half hurt.

Unless the bee/wasp was perfoming acrobatics, you most likely hit its front end so the sting would not have entered your eye.

Other than the pain, there were no other side effect unlike you - if you still have a problem after 3 days then it is time to see the doctor.

Top Bottom