A suitable tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Bazhorn said:
need a one man tent that's as light as poss and packs up tiny!
Any suggestions?
As light as poss would be the Terra Nova Laser Competition , readily available in the UK from many retailers < 1kg, £200-£240.
Reasonably light, and very cheap would be the Argos Pro Action Hike Lite 2.1kg, £25. (Orange version of Tiger Paws)

Generally decent quality tents start at about £80-100. Good brands include Vaude, Vango, Wild Country, Terra Nova, TNF. Hilleberg are the best (IMO), but start at £255.

Warning:
Popup/instant pitch tents aren't transportable on a bike, and avoid anything that is single skin like the plague.

Tony

I run a Vaude Taurus ultralight. Less than 2kg, roomy, strong as anything (stood up to York rally last year and the howling Danish West Coast this summer.

bigjim

Legendary Member
My 2 man Apollo tent from milletts cost me about £39 a couple of years ago. Weighs 2.5kg. very roomy, good porch and has stood up to horrendous weather this summer.

Jim

HelenD123

Guru
I've just had a practise with my new Pro Action Hike Lite from Argos and am pretty impressed. I reckon it would sleep two if you're friendly and will certainly be big enough for me and my gear.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
HelenD123 said:
I've just had a practise with my new Pro Action Hike Lite from Argos and am pretty impressed. I reckon it would sleep two if you're friendly and will certainly be big enough for me and my gear.

Glad you like it. You must be pretty small if you think that you can share the space with someone else.

samid

Veteran
Based on many recommendations in this and CTC forums, I bought a Hilleberg Akto (http://tinyurl.com/5w659o) a few months ago, and am very happy with that choice. The tent is very light, quite roomy, has a usable porch, easy and fast to pitch, and can be pitched in pouring rain with the inside dry and cosy. The only drawback is that it is not free-standing.

Top Bottom