A tale of 2 cities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well strictly speaking a city and a town - but that title isn't as catchy!!

Riding into work this morning - leg one of the commute - house to train station (Leeds based), caught up with an MB'er, full kit on. Passed him and said "Morning" as I usually do. Got a reply before I shot down a hill. Started climbing the hill on the other side and knew he was near me from the room the cars I was being given by cars passing us. Hear his chain and then see him pulling along side as we crest the hill. I thought "Here we go - an ahole that wants to race". Was pleasantly surprised when we just pulled along side and chatted. This works for me - I'm not the racing type (well not on a commute to work anyway!!) - so cycled and chatted for about a mile or so until we head off in different directions. First time that's happened and I must say it's a very plesant way to start the day!!

Then got to the 2nd leg. On the outskirts of Doncaster had 2 incidents with the same mentally challenged idiot driving a white flat bed van. The 1st when he passed me entering the town. There were parked cars on my side of the road so I'd pulled out of the door zone - he decided to pass and then when he noticed something coming in the opposite directions proceeded to "shut the door" on me. The next incident was about 0.5 mile down the road when I caught him up in stationary traffic. Proceeded to filter passed the traffic (single lane) down the right. Was about 20ft from the back of the van when it just pulls out, no indicators, no obvious front tyre, premeditated positioning!! Fortunately I don't filter at high speed just to allow for these acts of idiocy - so managed to stop. Caught him up again about 100m down the road (as he'd stopped again). Mouthed a word which indicated what I thought he got up to with his right hand in an evening then carried on. Not point in stopping - the type of testosterone driven neanderthal who does this is never going to learn - I just figure I'll wait for his inevitable collision with something bigger!!

Maz

Guru
Mouthed a word which indicated what I thought he got up to with his right hand in an evening then carried on.
Did you call him an MB'er, like the one you met earlier?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've had the same thing a couple of times coming into Leeds from Dewsbury; both roadies and one turned out to work in the same university.

I say 'morning/evening' as I pass and most reply, except for the 3 RLJ-ing/SCR/ninja's.

Top Bottom