A thank you from the gaffer :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

...and it doesn't seem a day too long...

but I'm afraid you'll all have to speak up a little, I am getting on a bit you know :smile:

And, who knows, perhaps one day I might even meet some of you for real!

Thank you Shaun, for making this such an entertaining and informative place to stay.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I can't believe it's coming up to 7 years! I was a late start on the grand depart from C++, trying to work out why it had gone quiet. But I was scared to post there, worried in case I would get my head bitten off for asking a stupid question. Here I felt more at home:whistle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I came over with The Great Exodus, and although I'm not about so much at the moment, I owe this place a lot. I've made some great friends here.

Not to mention, I met the man I'll be marrying in about 6 weeks. :wub:

Thank you Shaun!
You were one of the ones I had noticed had gone, but I think you came back with a life raft for those who were clinging to the broken ship that was C++

I can't believe it's coming up to 7 years! I was a late start on the grand depart from C++, trying to work out why it had gone quiet. But I was scared to post there, worried in case I would get my head bitten off for asking a stupid question. Here I felt more at home:whistle:
I joined C+ just before the great exodus, went away for a bit and then came back and couldn't figure out why the place was so dull until I stumbled on a post and came here.

Now I find I'm stuck. It's like the Hotel California.

ayceejay

Guru
I post from across the pond where a subtle sense of humour is seen as cynicism (never mind the spelling) so it is a joy to read and join in the typically British banter that would have me banned from a US forum. I like the gentle but firm handling (mmn) that applies here - so thank you Shaun.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Both the posters and the moderation make this site as good as it is.

Cheers Shaun for giving us somewhere to play and picking the right prefects

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm a johnny-come-lately at March 2009 but that 5 years has flown by, this was my first real venture into speaking to random people on the internet and I am very glad I did, thanks Shaun :thumbsup:

I didn't scare you off shouting 'oi' from over the other side of the road, or trying to blind you on the TPT with the lumens wars ?

Top Bottom