A treat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I love a treat and more often than not, it is a meal out with Mrs Slick and over the years, there have been some really exuberant dining experiences for no other reason than just because we can. This though, is another level and is obviously more suited to those who want an experience for no other reason than because us plebs can't afford it. Still wouldn't do it though. :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Most i spent on a main course was around £35 a head and very tasty it was too. Laws of diminishing returns applies i guess. Once you start going down these routes (gold leaf etc) its just plain decadence, id sooner give the money away if i had that much to waste.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As quoted in the Jay Rayner article linked above. “empires move from affluence to decadence easily, and then collapse.”

Gold is a finite resource, it has a myriad of useful applications in micro electronics, yet people choose eat it, and it has no taste or nutritious benefit. It’s clearly madness.

And to think people were moaning about Tom Kerridge’s £85 steak a few weeks ago

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As quoted in the Jay Rayner article linked above. “empires move from affluence to decadence easily, and then collapse.”

Gold is a finite resource, it has a myriad of useful applications in micro electronics, yet people choose eat it, and it has no taste or nutritious benefit. It’s clearly madness.

And to think people were moaning about Tom Kerridge’s £85 steak a few weeks ago
Price of everything, value of nothing. Chefs like Tom & Clare have spent years learning their craft. They use quality ingredients. Train and look after their staff, who like them work long hours, and pay them properly. It shows (I've eaten her food). Mr Instagram and his chain…I doubt he's ever put anything like the same effort in, or ever will.

Top Bottom