A trip down memory lane.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have just been watching a film on Film 4 called "The train" with Burt Lancaster. The last time I saw that film was in Orleans, at a cinema with my English pen friend in 1966. My English was very school English then . The following year I came to England for the very first time as a student exchange and met my first wife to be then, in Worthing , 3 days before I was due to come back to France. You can call it Love at first sight. We married 4 years later and had two wonderful children , who have their own children themselves now.
All that started 50 years ago and watching that film brought it all back. :sad: :blush: :smile:

NickNick

I have just been watching a film on Film 4 called "The train" with Burt Lancaster. The last time I saw that film was in Orleans, at a cinema with my English pen friend in 1966. My English was very school English then . The following year I came to England for the very first time as a student exchange and met my first wife to be then, in Worthing , 3 days before I was due to come back to France. You can call it Love at first sight. We married 4 years later and had two wonderful children , who have their own children themselves now.
All that started 50 years ago and watching that film brought it all back. :sad: :blush: :smile:

That's really cool, its amazing how those chance encounters can completely throw the whole course of your life. I met my other half about a month before I was meant to move to Manchester for uni, at a BDSM night of all places and we speant the whole of the night and the next day talking, within a week I'd cancelled my uni application, joined the firm I was just finishing a temp placement with full time and we've been by each others side for the last 12yrs. Its one of the few rash decisions I have made that I have not regretted!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Very nice.
50 for us this year also.
I was "going out" with a girl who ditched me but I had met her best friend by then.
The rest, as they say, is history ^_^

Top Bottom