A two tardis ride - or was it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
on yesterday's ride I encountered two tardises, tardi or, to avoid the plural spelling problem, a tardis and another one. One is at Wetherby police station and the other is at a petrol station on the way to Stamford Bridge from York.
Does anyone have a higher tardis count for a ride?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't. but if you came into York via the A1079 Hull Road (or the road from Murton to Osbaldwick, but turn off to the left just before Osbaldwick and up to the Hull Road that way), you'd see another at a petrol station just after B and Q. It has Daleks and a Cyberman on the roof too (the garage, not the TARDIS)

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I don't. but if you came into York via the A1079 Hull Road (or the road from Murton to Osbaldwick, but turn off to the left just before Osbaldwick and up to the Hull Road that way), you'd see another at a petrol station just after B and Q. It has Daleks and a Cyberman on the roof too (the garage, not the TARDIS)

That's the second one in my description. The garage calls itself something like an earthman's refuelling station. I'd not notice the Daleks and Cycberman before yesterday I was always focussed on the Tardis. My older son suggested that there was only one Tardis and it had merely relocated itself in the space time continuum. There's definitely two. Their window frames are painted differently.

Do NOT, repeat NOT, open this link

I do really think that this full size Angel would look good in the bushes at the bottom of the garden... all I need to find is £2,500

wp3171ed43_05_00.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
My older son suggested that there was only one Tardis and it had merely relocated itself in the space time continuum. There's definitely two. Their window frames are painted differently.
Ah ! but his case stands up unless you were viewing both simultaneously, at the same time and together. ^_^

Clearly they are in different places and moved as did you. Do you think you are being stalked/ 'prepared' or are otherwise in the Doctor's awareness field ? :ohmy:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
As for the plural.. That would be TARDISs ;)

Not a fan they ey? :laugh: No, TARDIS is definetely not latin, it's the initialism of Time and Relative Dimension in Space, and more specifically it's the time machine used in Dr Who.. :whistle:
Errrr..... Yes, I know. But vernon was trying to make it into a Latin word. It was, you know, a joke.

Actually, it's not an initialism it's an acronym. Which means that it's treated as a standard English word and pluralised as if it were. So TARDISes is correct.

Errrr..... Yes, I know. But vernon was trying to make it into a Latin word. It was, you know, a joke.

Actually, it's not an initialism it's an acronym. Which means that it's treated as a standard English word and pluralised as if it were. So TARDISes is correct.

Oh a joke! Silly me! :laugh:

Top Bottom