A very close and frightening pass tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Once you’ve recovered report him it’s one’s like that always look to come off lightly when they hit someone else.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Good job you have dashcam footage, so there is at least a chance of something happening to change this behaviour. You may also want to mention the collision with your mirror which cockwomble drove away from.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's amazing that people still behave this way given the ubiquity of dashcams these days. Did they miss the email? I'd be interested to know what the legal status of 'non-official' evidence like this is. Could this twat, eg, be convicted purely based on Johnnyb47's video?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It happens Johnny. The way I think about it is if I am upright after they have passed. It wasnt that bad. Its the overtakers coming at me head on which are worse for me.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Glad you are ok. I was on a 125 motorbike once and someone overtook on a blind bed and would have hit me head on had I not swerved into the hedge. Hopefully the POlice will do something, I've heard that often the other driver gets a letter through the post. Whether that's enough these days to put people off dangerous driving, I don't know.

mustang1

Guru
Last week a pedestrian was in the middle of the road as I rode my bike so I slowed down. The cars behind me did the same.

A car parked on the left then accelerated towards the right and into my path (I was stopped at this point). He then lost control, veered left and smashed into a brick wall. On days like this I wish I had my camera rolling.

Edit:
Btw, the pedestrian in the road and the driver appeared to be mates and were attempting some kind of stunt outside a school that had just finished for the day.

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
Btw, I'm not sure this is a problem with German performance cars. Idiots are to be seen everywhere. The one in the example I posted above was in a low powered french car.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As others have said, report the driver, but you will have to hope the dash cam footage shows an offence to the satisfaction of the police, other than speeding. - Because you do not have a properly calibrated speed recording device in your car.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Not recent, but there are suicide jockeys everywhere. This is one of many, many vids I've got from my truck dash cam.

Top Bottom