A very nice run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JiMBR

Thanks to Maggers for the route suggestion...

Did the loop around the reservoir for the first time and ended up doing 60 miles, my furthest yet in one day. :smile:
A very pleasant outing with some stunning scenery.

My first time up Tak Ma Doon Road and I did it in one go...admittedly with some swearing. :biggrin:

Must say that although knackered, I really enjoyed it and I aim to attempt the Ton next year.

I ran into scook (not literally :wacko: who was going to do the Crow road.
Hope it went well mate and good luck with the ton next year.

Seamab

Well done Jim - the Tak Me Doon is a really tough climb. Much steeper than the Crow Rd. Everytime you think its over there's another crest...

I had a nice run myself over to Comrie from Dollar in the beautiful sunshine.

scook94

Veteran
Was great bumping into you Jim, great looking bike too!

Crow Road turned out to be very disappointing, found it quite straight forward. Of course, a few months ago it would have killed me! But that's what the weight loss, training rides and hours in the gym have all been about!

Kudos to you for Tak Ma Doon! Will have to try that one next!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
Crow Road turned out to be very disappointing, found it quite straight forward. Of course, a few months ago it would have killed me! But that's what the weight loss, training rides and hours in the gym have all been about!

:biggrin::ohmy: Scook, you are destroying Mag's reputation :biggrin:.

Back on topic - well done JiMBR! You'll be unstoppable now :biggrin:.

We had a very nice ride too (or should that be two nice rides) - took Friday off, train to Berwick-upon-Tweed, cycling home to Edinburgh via the NCN1, along the Tweed to Innerleithen, and then north across the Moorfoots, with an overnight stop in Galashiels.
Boiling hot sunshine until early afternoon today, and then clouds building up ... got home a couple of hours ago, before the massive rainstorm hit :smile:. 100.5 miles in total :thumbsup:
At the moment I can't contemplate doing that in a day :ohmy:, 100k is fine...

One of the most satisfying bits today was cycling through Roslin Glen on the way home and thinking, hmmm 16% is actually not THAT bad (with panniers) :wacko:

T

Top Bottom