A very, very, very, very, very bad day!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
must have been a terrible time for you,and im glad everyones is on the mend.But i have heard storys of superhuman feats when a loved one is invloved.

papercorn2000

As everyone else has said, thank goodness for the happy ending.

buggi

Bird Saviour
glad it's all ok for you hun.

wow, Adrenalin i think is the word. i did hear a story about a woman who lifted a car off her son once. they tried to recreate it after and she couldn't budge it. they said it was the adrenalin. shame it don't come in an energy bar eh?

Shaun

Founder
Sounds nasty ... funny how just reading about something like that can make you wince :ohmy:

Get well soon to the missus from me too, and glad everything is okay with the soon-to-be member of the family.

I'd also check your tyres for scorch marks next time you get the bike out! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

yenrod

Got to get' - some story that: its heavy having times like that and thanks for sharing it ~ truth, aint it !

Normailty never exists....its a state of equalibrium that exists only only out of desparity.

I'm glad to hear things are on the correct side of crazyness - I too have felt the same degree of neccessity to be somewhere...funny thing is during those moments I often feel very far away in the desperate'ness of the situation.

tout le beau !

PS - That bike ride something else man !!! you need to start racing :biggrin: god knows what'll ever happen when your wife goes into labour...:ohmy:

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Ive said it before and ill say it again .....thanks a million folks every post has made me feel a little better throughout today. I have already started to smile about it and realising actually how lucky we have been is a big positive.

Wife has been in bed most of the day and i think is just recovering from the shock and anasthetic, i think she is going to be fine though. She looks like she has been hit by a train but most of it is superficial apart from the stitches and should see the wounds starting to heal over the next few days.

One thing that i come on this site for is the laughs and piss taking and it never fails to make me smile. It certainly has not dissapointed today.

Many thanks again im now going to bed to cuddle the wife

J

Pete

That's right, J. Support each other: remember that you, the only physically unscathed of the three, also went through trauma and need support. Careful with those stitches though!

Regarding your PB: reminds me of a story, years ago, about a colleague who was summoned home urgently when his partially disabled wife had a fall and broke her leg. He too, it seems (well he boasted about it, after the event), recorded a PB in getting home. But there the resemblance ends: it was in his car (I think he did the 10 miles in 10 minutes, built-up area, sod the speed limits etc. etc. :o). All credit and chapeau to you for achieving what you did on the bike! Way to go!

red_tom

Ow ow ow. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Your guy might already recommend this but I'm currently using silicone gel on a plastic surgeon's advice to try to reduce the appearance of a scar on my chest. (Kebabed myself on the top corner of a car door when a kind gentleman opened it in my path. Damn these dangerous bicycle things :o)

Mrs TI is 8.5 months pregnant, so I really felt for you. Glad things are OK and the baby will be safe - they are VERY well protected in there. Best wishes to Mrs GTGF.

Tetedelacourse

Jeezo, now it's your wife who has GTGF. I really hope the rest of her term goes smoothly. Give her a polite telling off about looking after herself and the bab!

domtyler

Über Member
Get well soon to Mrs GTGF, sounds like you had a real scare there.

Congrats on the 24 min 10 mile time though, that's going some!!

Keith Oates

Janner
My good wishes to you and your wife, gtgt, hope all goes well and for sure the baby will be OK. Am now on the move again so missed your posting yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom