A Visit From The P*nct*r* Fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

Headband?

My ATC thingy came with one, never tried it though.

I just stuck mine on the bars as i find watching head mounted vids a bit disconcerting.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Cheers, thank fug I was close to home!:biggrin:

I've got a bar mount set up but the vids I've shot with it have a horizontal ripple throughout which is probably due to vibration.

I'm going to have to try a webbing strap around my baseball cap.
I'd really like to position the camera above my right ear as I want to be able to look behind as well.

lazyfatgit

Not sure that even having the camera above your ear you'll get a backward view. Your eyes roll to the side as you look over your shoulder. i know i couldn't get my neck round far enough for the camera to see behind properly.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Apart from the eagle eye 'lifesaver' look, I tend to look behind by dropping my right hand off the bars and turning from the waist as well, it saves the neck a bit.

My thinking is that positioning it above my ear might mean the camera sees round further than with it mounted on my forehead?

All I do know is I'm going to look daft.:biggrin:

lazyfatgit

Oh you mean dafter? As far as I can tell, everyone thinks we're regarded as a bit mad anyway.

You might get some ideas over in the camera part of the forum? I'm sure Thomas or Maggers have tried mounting the things a variety of ways.

Top Bottom