A West Yorkshire loop (NOW!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i'd be up for a ride, i'm on leave next week. i could meet you at hebden, set off together and then you guys could just leave me when ever (i ride fixed nothing but fixed these days).

Steve H

Large Member
Hey there big Steve, long time no see.
You ok?
hi potsy. Yeah, good thanks. Been a bit too much work and not enough play recently. Got a week off next week - need to chill and get back into the real world. Can you skive a day next week for a bit of riding?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cool. I could do Tue, Wed or Fri next week. Let's see what the weather is looking like and pick the best looking day. Any day(s) you can't do?
Thursday is my busiest day but that isn't on your list. All of the others are okay.

i'd be up for a ride, i'm on leave next week. i could meet you at hebden, set off together and then you guys could just leave me when ever (i ride fixed nothing but fixed these days).
That's good. Let's watch the weather forecasts and make a final decision the night before.

Fixed only ... Blimey, either you have got superfit since I last saw you or you would have a lot of walking to do on some of our rides! (I reckon Pennine-Paul walked his bike about 10 miles on one of our harder days out.)

I'll never understand why people ride fixed in very hilly areas like this though I can see the attraction in flatter parts of the world.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Thursday is my busiest day but that isn't on your list. All of the others are okay.

That's good. Let's watch the weather forecasts and make a final decision the night before.

Fixed only ... Blimey, either you have got superfit since I last saw you or you would have a lot of walking to do on some of our rides! (I reckon Pennine-Paul walked his bike about 10 miles on one of our harder days out.)

I'll never understand why people ride fixed in very hilly areas like this though I can see the attraction in flatter parts of the world.

to be honest, i'm not fitter and i'm fatter. but i am finding fixed gear great. you know most of the roads i commute on and i don't need to walk. but going up out and over hebden i know i'll have to walk..hence me saying you guys can leave me behind as i know most of the roads that way anyway.

tuesday or wednesday for me. i got mixed up, not on leave 'till the week after.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

to be honest, i'm not fitter and i'm fatter. but i am finding fixed gear great. you know most of the roads i commute on and i don't need to walk. but going up out and over hebden i know i'll have to walk..hence me saying you guys can leave me behind as i know most of the roads that way anyway.

tuesday or wednesday for me. i got mixed up, not on leave 'till the week after.
Well, we could start off going up Cragg Vale - we know that you can get up that one okay. We can decide on the day whether to go right or left at the reservoir.

potsy

Rambler
to be honest, i'm not fitter and i'm fatter.

Tell us something we don't know
rolleyes.gif

Colin- Might be time for a new 'sumo' pic, seeing as the bfb was the perpetrator of the original :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
No way, José - I now breathe in hard whenever I'm within 100 metres of a camera! :blush:

I was thinking of substituting Dan for the bfb, no breathing in and no corsets ;)

Steve H

Large Member
The weather forecast at the moment isn't looking too bad, but not great. Both Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be about 9 degrees and will probably have a bit of drizzle / showers. Let's take a look on Monday evening and make a call then.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I forgot to post about our ride which took place on Tuesday, 8th November ...

Thanks for that, Steve. I wouldn't have bothered to go out on my bike by myself on a drizzly, murky day like that. I checked the mapping software when I got in and it agrees with my GPS - 39 miles. I don't know why your GPS appears to be over-reading. Had you definitely reset it before we set off? (If it is running off your wheel sensor, is it calibrated to your wheelsize?)

Steve H

Large Member
I forgot to post about our ride which took place on Tuesday, 8th November ...

Thanks for that, Steve. I wouldn't have bothered to go out on my bike by myself on a drizzly, murky day like that. I checked the mapping software when I got in and it agrees with my GPS - 39 miles. I don't know why your GPS appears to be over-reading. Had you definitely reset it before we set off? (If it is running off your wheel sensor, is it calibrated to your wheelsize?)

cheers Colin - yes I enjoyed the ride too. Good to ride some new roads. Not sure about the GPS. I also use it on my mtb, so maybe it is getting confused with 26" wheels. Or maybe there is a "flattery" mode that makes you feel like a better, faster cyclist than you actually are! Or it could be the windy, snaking path I have to take up those steeper hills that your rides invariably include!

Top Bottom