A59 commuting/whinging video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
In case of accidents/incidents, I tend to video my journeys, especially commutes, didn't realise how much I was yakking on this one. The basis was to do a commentary on the state of the alleged cycle path. As it turned out, it was the stretch I picked up the punctures mentioned in my previous commute post.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS7NZVcrdFU

Not watched the vid but can you report dangerous conditions to the local authority ? I've done that in Cheshire and they've swept or attended to it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You need to make the audio level a lot higher! I could hear the trucks thundering past but your voice sounded like a distant mumble to my ageing ears.

Couldn't you find your way in and out on canal towpaths, the Preston Guild Wheel etc.?

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
You need to make the audio level a lot higher! I could hear the trucks thundering past but your voice sounded like a distant mumble to my ageing ears.

Couldn't you find your way in and out on canal towpaths, the Preston Guild Wheel etc.?

Not sure how to up the voice level, will try and have a fiddle though.
I am not intimate with the ins and outs of the cycle paths around Preston or their safety. That said the only really dangerous bits to eliminate is the A59 twixt Osbaldeston and Billington, and Brockholes Brow. The actual 30 mph bits in town don't feel any more dangerous than Burnley or Nelson. Keep hearing about the Guild Wheel but not tried it, seemed to add quite a bit of distance to an already long commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thought it might be, Cheshire East seem far worse at anything to do with road repairs or maintenance.

Cheshire East are terrible ! :crazy:

Thought it might be, Cheshire East seem far worse at anything to do with road repairs or maintenance.

I did look at reporting one thing in Cheshire East but it turned out to be a CRT thing. A bridge over a canal where the grip strip had lifted. Bare metal and rain and slick tyres were interesting.

Top Bottom