AA and safety camera warnings.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fixed that for you. It's amazing how much better the standard of driving is when there's a marked police car about, the police car turns off the road & the standard of driving instantly gets much worse. I've witnessed this many times. So no, unmarked police cars & lots of them. That way people end up having drive to their 'best behaviour' standard because virtually every newish car they see might be a police car ;)

Naughty...

You can't have unmarked Police Cars either

The use of unmarked Police cars is entrapment

Unmarked Police Cars are only hidden to catch otherwise law abiding motorists and etort money. Also ther is the problem wher thes motorists have to divert their attention way from the road watching for unmarked Police Cars making accidents more likely.

Secondly there is the panic braking that occurs when motorists see the uniformed driver of an unmarked vehicle which also causes accidents.

GrasB

Veteran
Naughty...

You can't have unmarked Police Cars either

The use of unmarked Police cars is entrapment
Entrapment requires an officer to coerce an individual into do something illegal for the sole purpose of arresting them. An unmarked police car doesn't coerce anyone into doing anything, it simply is there allowing the officer to observe in a more discrete manner.

Unmarked police cars isn't entrapment, it's allowing the officer to practice coppering.

Unmarked Police Cars are only hidden to catch otherwise law abiding motorists and etort money. Also ther is the problem wher thes motorists have to divert their attention way from the road watching for unmarked Police Cars making accidents more likely.

Secondly there is the panic braking that occurs when motorists see the uniformed driver of an unmarked vehicle which also causes accidents.
By your theory because someone hasn't murdered someone they shouldn't be prosecuted for shop lifting. It's nonsense, if someone is committing a motoring offence they should be punished for it.

If one is driving to an acceptable standard & speed on the road then there is absolutely no need to modify their behaviour in a car when a police officer is present. The very act of panic braking is an indication that not only are they breaking the law, they're also aware that they are doing so.

People already panic brake when they see highly visible police cars so why is not marking the cars up any different? I've said this many times & will continue to say so. The best way to not get prosecuted for motoring offences is to not commit them in the first place.

Basically your post screams of 'the crime is getting caught not the actual action' & shows a complete lack of respect for law abidance.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 2132361, member: 45"]If you've got nine points it's because you've been caught presenting an unnecessary increased risk on the roads.[/quote]
if you'll excuse the liberty - added emphasis

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
This email was sent to you by TomTom. Having trouble viewing the email below?
Click here to read the online version.
top.png

tomtom_logo.png
SpeedCamPromo_header_REMINDER_en_gb.jpg

Dear customer,
New speed cameras are put up all the time. But we don’t want you to worry about them on your journeys. That’s why we’re offering a big discount on our Speed Cameras service, which gives you fixed speed camera alerts.

Right now, you can get 12 months of Speed Cameras Europe for just £6,99 – that’s 65% off!
Timely warnings let you know when you’re approaching a speed camera, so you can drive safely and stay relaxed. But knowing where the cameras are doesn’t just mean safer driving. Speed Cameras helps you avoid costly fines, with over 25,000 up-to-date camera locations including red-light. And with 95% coverage in 23 European countries, you’ll know what’s ahead – wherever you are.

£ 19.99
£ 6,99
cta_buy_now_en_gb.png

All the best,
The TomTom team

Davidc

Guru
I'd like us to have the same rules as the French. AFAIK the type of kit in Mickle's post is illegal there, as well as radar detectors.

I'd like to see the same penalties for speeding as for drink drive (and those to be toughened as well).

Not politically likely I know.

I have a tried and tested method for not getting speeding fines or points. I just obey speed limits. Silly not to really, you don't get anywhere any faster if you do speed, you risk fines and points, you increase the hazard you present to other people and the risk to yourself.

I do think we should have repeater signs in 30 limits, the same as we do for other speeds. Nonetheless anyone who gets caught speeding has only themselves to blame. It's not difficult to drive within the limits, and anyone who can't should give up driving or buy a Garmin satnav.

subaqua

What’s the point
if you look at it another way, the cameras have been put in place to get people to slow down. If people know where they are and slow down then job done, whereas if they dont know they dont slow down.

As a revenue collection you want the latter, for the former then surely the former is better?

I know a police officer (now a CI) who used to email the location of mobile cameras to people as that was more effective way of slowing them down
Noprth Wales police used to tell you the roads they were going to have a mobile camera on. they just never told you what day that week, or what time. It worked

mumbo jumbo

I'd like us to have the same rules as the French. AFAIK the type of kit in Mickle's post is illegal there, as well as radar detectors.

I'd like to see the same penalties for speeding as for drink drive (and those to be toughened as well).

Not politically likely I know.

I have a tried and tested method for not getting speeding fines or points. I just obey speed limits. Silly not to really, you don't get anywhere any faster if you do speed, you risk fines and points, you increase the hazard you present to other people and the risk to yourself.

I do think we should have repeater signs in 30 limits, the same as we do for other speeds. Nonetheless anyone who gets caught speeding has only themselves to blame. It's not difficult to drive within the limits, and anyone who can't should give up driving or buy a Garmin satnav.
Agree re the French approach (see my earlier post). I didn't realise there was a difference in repeater signs between 30 and higher limits and would support repeater 30 signs.

Davidc

Guru
81mph? I agree with you on that one !
I don't have a problem with their top limit used on toll motorways with better design and maintenance than ours. As you realise I like their rules on not allowing disclosure or detection of monitoring devices (such as cameras), hidden cameras and so on. They need them more than we do given their higher KSI rates than ours, but we'd benefit from them.

Davidc

Guru
I didn't realise there was a difference in repeater signs between 30 and higher limits and would support repeater 30 signs.

I believe (but will accept corrections) that it's because we still have an archaic bit of law which says there's a 30 limit if there are street lights, so if it's not 30 and there are lights there are repeaters, if there aren't lights and there's a limit other than national there are repeaters, if there are lights and it's 30 there are no repeaters.

That was fine when there were fewer street lights and generally they coincided with 30 limits, now it's just confusing.

RedRider

Pulling through
Top Bottom