AAAAAAaaaaaaarggggggghhhhhh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Probably a bit much even for Hans Rey.

Was wondering how they were getting across the gaps and then you see him balancing on a steel beam absolutely mental.

EmGee DK

Oh dear! I must be mad. If it wasn't for the wife and kids (and tha lack of money) i'd want to be doing that (the base jumping). It looked awwwwsome!

When I was younger I did some parachute jumps and I was working towards freefall (had a couple of dummy pulls), but the weather beat me, then money was short etc so I never got to actually finish it.

I must be one of those type 1A.

If I had the money I'd have my name down for Virgin Galactic....:smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Apparently, as has been said, that path is now closed... but it does say that some of the more adventurous people find a way onto it. :smile:

Count me in!!!

Looks fantastic.

Can't imagine my Wife'd be too happy though....

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
mondobongo said:
Probably a bit much even for Hans Rey.

Was wondering how they were getting across the gaps and then you see him balancing on a steel beam absolutely mental.

if you look closely there is a line attached to the walls and one of the other people he meets on the route is wearing a harness and clipping onto the line.
There are points in the vid where he is pausing to attach his line.

Still an absolutely awsome thing to do, what a view!!:smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
He's not attached as far as I can see - he overtakes someone who is clipping on/off the wire... but I don't think *he* actually attaches at any point.

Still looks awesome.... wonder if I could visit when we next go to Spain...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
'He's' definately clipping on at some points or at least holding onto the line as you can see it moving in shot, but certainly not for all of it. Must know the route quite well to be that confident, some of the people 'he' passes are almost glued to the wall!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Where's that clip of the biker falling down the side of a canyon?
Ah, the Infamous Miles Todd Crash Video!

"Aren't you going to try it?" "Look at the penalty for failure, dude. Yeah. OK. I'll try it."

Website here.

Here is a link to the crash video in mpeg format. Here is a lower quality shorter version on YouTube.

*** NB: the video contains swearing (understandable when you see it!) ***

If you are going to fall off on a dodgy piece of singletrack folks, remember to fall towards the hillside!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
magnatom said:
Oh dear! I must be mad. If it wasn't for the wife and kids (and tha lack of money) i'd want to be doing that (the base jumping). It looked awwwwsome!

When I was younger I did some parachute jumps and I was working towards freefall (had a couple of dummy pulls), but the weather beat me, then money was short etc so I never got to actually finish it.

Got to agree with you there, I have aways fancied a go at base jumping. I did a couple of parachute jumps at Ipswich airport until they closed it and built a housing estate on it. :biggrin:

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Got to agree with you there, I have aways fancied a go at base jumping. I did a couple of parachute jumps at Ipswich airport until they closed it and built a housing estate on it. :smile:

Actually, I probably could get the money to base jump. I'm sure there are a few car drivers out there who would happily contribute to me taking part in high risk activities :blush::biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
Never mind walking it now, think about the people that actually made it in the first place. That took courage with a capital C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming they has a choice in the matter! ;)

Top Bottom