Aaagh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been out for a bit of an explore based on the nice free map Stockport council just sent me. I did a bit of a 10 mile loop and found some nice bits like Chadkirk Chapel that I'd never seen before.

Why are people so aggressive though? I was going down one street next to a line of parked cars and a young lad pulled right out on me as I passed - I pointed at his wing mirror (prob shouldn't have) and he shouted "you're not dead, are ya?" to which I replied "nearly!"

Later, cycling down a main road, another youngish lad beeped and swore at me for absolutely no reason - I was just cycling down the road in a good position!

Maybe I need to get a thicker skin but it makes me feel uncomfortable!

aJohnson

Their are a few weird motorists out there. The other day, I was pulling out of the cycle lane so I could get past a parked car, a van (Which was quiet a distance behind me) started to accelerating trying to stop me pulling out, I still managed to get out and past in time though.

Don't worry about them.

purplepolly

lanternerouge said:
Just been out for a bit of an explore based on the nice free map Stockport council just sent me.

is that the eccentrically drawn Green A to Z?

lanternerouge said:
Later, cycling down a main road, another youngish lad beeped and swore at me for absolutely no reason - I was just cycling down the road in a good position!

you were cycling weren't you ;) I find my skin thinkness varies according to my mood. Mostly I can just ignore them nowadays, but occassionally....

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
lanternerouge said:
There must of been an outbreak of tourettes this summer, there's been lots of folk heading the other way on foot and car shouting that they're a w@nker.

blazed

220lb+
Someone through a bottle of water at me the other day i caught it in my teeth, opened it with my tongue and downed it. You got to man up, or attach a camera to your helmet like the dweebs do.

Breedon

Legendary Member
blazed said:
Someone through a bottle of water at me the other day i caught it in my teeth, opened it with my tongue and downed it.

Now that would of been great on a helment cam ;)

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Cheers blazed, will be pumping iron this weekend!

blazed

220lb+
Breedon said:
Now that would of been great on a helment cam :laugh:

Id never wear a helmet cam but if someone followed me riding for one week you would have enough footage for a hollywood blockbuster. People often mistake me for Vin Diesel.

Browser

Guru
For an example of a delusional lunatic, please see the above post :ohmy: :thumbsup: ;)!
As for caged-up eejits, I find that a Walkman helps to alleviate most people's opinions of me, 'cos I can't hear 'em!

Top Bottom