Aaahhh Condor!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nilling

Über Member
Whilst cycling through the park this morning I saw cyclist off his bike. Not wishing to defy the cycling laws of karma I asked if he was ok. It was when he turned around I realised why he had stopped - he was re-lighting his pipe!

Aaahhh Condor! Spent the rest of the trip trying to remember their TV ads ;)

Halloway

Nice to see a gentleman enjoying a rough shag.

(copyright Stephen Fry, probably)

Maz

Guru
nilling said:
Aaahhh Condor! Spent the rest of the trip trying to remember their TV ads ;)
You've just awaken some dim and distant synapse in my brain about that tag-line. It was a cigar advert, right? Still a bit hazy...

rootes

always think it funny when you see people smoking whilst riding re health issues ..

but also it doesn't half make your fag burn quickly!

hackbike 6

Sod that.I've found it hard enough this week without the cigs.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
As a teen I worked for a local company called Condor Self Drive - the owner named it after the pipe tobacco as he smoked a pipe constantly.

Used to enjoy winding up the customers by answering the phone by quickly saying, "Hello ? Condom Sex Drive - can I help you ?" ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I saw a great photo the other day of some guy- possibly on a trike- smoking a pipe during a time-trial (presumably a 12 or 24 hour, I can't imagine anyone doing that in a 10). I'll see if I can find it later.

Maz

Guru
goo_mason said:
As a teen I worked for a local company called Condor Self Drive - the owner named it after the pipe tobacco as he smoked a pipe constantly.

Used to enjoy winding up the customers by answering the phone by quickly saying, "Hello ? Condom Sex Drive - can I help you ?" ;)
:wacko:
Did they ever realise what it was you actually said?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Maz said:
:tongue:
Did they ever realise what it was you actually said?

Never ! I reckon it was one of those psychological effects where they're expecting to hear something said, and so long as it's not radically different-sounding (or too phonologically divergent), they'll hear it as "Condor Self Drive" - and if they thought they heard something different, they'll convince themselves that they didn't.

Maz

Guru
goo_mason said:
Never ! I reckon it was one of those psychological effects where they're expecting to hear something said, and so long as it's not radically different-sounding (or too phonologically divergent), they'll hear it as "Condor Self Drive" - and if they thought they heard something different, they'll convince themselves that they didn't.
A bit like the P-O-L-I-T-E hi-viz!

Keith Oates

Janner
Maz said:
You've just awaken some dim and distant synapse in my brain about that tag-line. It was a cigar advert, right? Still a bit hazy...

This was an old cigar advert line "Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet" don't know if it's the one you were thinking of though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom