1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abelour 10yo single malt

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 30 Aug 2007.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

On offer in my local (small) Co-op for £15.50. Irresistable and a nice drop IMHO.

2. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Is this one of the whisky of the month offers? Mine has litre bottles of a reasonable Speyside on offer occasionally reduced from £25 to £15.

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Whisky Galore! ;)

4. OP
    OP
    rich p

Yes, it's their 'Malt of the Month'. It was Glenfiddich last month but Aberlour is a regular offer.

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Aberlour also happens to be a fairly well established Substance Misuse Treatment organisation north o' the border Rich. I'm beginning to smell a rat!

6. OP
    OP
    rich p

If you can smell a rat it's probably Lagavulin:ohmy:

7. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I picked up the 12 year old Aberlour in France for about £17. It's one of my favourite. Sainsbury's also has 14yr old Scapa (Orkney Islands) for £19.99 at the moment, a great one. I love Whisky.

8. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Aldi, Highland Earl blended Scotch, 7.49 a bottle. Arrrrrgh burp.

9. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I suppose when you're nailed it all tastes exactly the same.

10. Brock

Brock Senior Member

It's amazing what you can get used to when you're desperate. When I first tried to give up smoking I substituted sucking on a ciggie for tugging on a whisky bottle. Got quite addicted to 'Claymore' which was the cheapest scotch I could grab. Rough as old boots, but I grew to quite like it before realising I was doing myself more harm with spirits than I had been with tobacco and started smoking again. In fact I was quite disappointed with the vacuous silky kiss of Jameson's ( my previous tipple of choice ) when I went back to it.

11. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

I picked up a bottle of "Glen McWilliams" in Andorra a few years back for the princely sum of £1.75!
    I bought it for my pal - we make a point of buying each other a bottle of the roughest, cheapest spirit that we can find every time we go on holiday!

As you could guess, it tastes like white spirit!