Aberdeen City Centre Pavement Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Please say this was a once off, I was in Aberdeen City Centre for a few hours today and I saw more pavement cyclists than I'd ever seen before. And as its quite a hilly city bikes were flying downhill towards you even where the pavement was really narrowed by railings. A slight excuse, it may be because of the stupid one way system?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
In Sheffield a lot of pavement cycling is to bypass the absurdly complicated and extensive one way systems, the inner ring road or known fatality ped/cyclist junctions. I can't say I've experienced these reasons in other cities.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HLaB said:
Please say this was a once off, I was in Aberdeen City Centre for a few hours today and I saw more pavement cyclists than I'd ever seen before. And as its quite a hilly city bikes were flying downhill towards you even where the pavement was really narrowed by railings. A slight excuse, it may be because of the stupid one way system?

The traffic in the Granite City is pretty scary and the roads designed to by cycle unfriendly, it is hardly surprising there is a lot of pavement cycling.

I am not sure that Aberdeen is that hilly, not compared with Auld Reekie anyway...

skwerl

HJ said:
The traffic in the Granite City is pretty scary and the roads designed to by cycle unfriendly, it is hardly surprising there is a lot of pavement cycling.

I am not sure that Aberdeen is that hilly, not compared with Auld Reekie anyway...

I'd say it's just as hilly, the hills aren't as steep. they're more long drags.

anyway. sheep stick to pavements which is why, I imagine, the guys on bikes chasing them were also on the pavement

Top Bottom