Abracadabra tent required!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

strofiwimple

Veteran
I am after any advice on which tent people would recommend for ease and quickness of putting up after a day in the saddle? One that erected itself would be ideal of course! Any advice is appreciated- sorry a tent for solo touring is what i am after.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The only truely self erecting tent is those sold originally by Decathlon (and now by everyone) which have a couple of spring loaded hoops. They really do work, but are too cumbersome to carry on a bike.

What sort of budget do you have? There's a huge price variation.

Bigtallfatbloke

Those 2 second erection jobs are good fun but almos timpossible to carry on a bike because of the circular flat pack shape. Also i think I am right in saying that they have only got a single skin.

I went to decathlon and bought a t2 pro two man tent for £64.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produ...ents/packing-tents/product_6539976/index.html

It's simple to get up(2 mins) and easy to pack down (4 mins) it weighs just 2kg and sleeps two. It is a dual skin pitch as one (or you can detacth the inner if you wanted to for some reason). I am happy with it...it proved it's metal recently on my tour where it was exposed to some very strong winds and heavy rain. It packs down small enough...I carry it inside the pannier.

OP
OP
strofiwimple

strofiwimple

Veteran
Thanks for the replies guys, i didnt want to spend much over £100 as i will probably only be using it for one tour a year- le jog next year, the t2 looks so i will have a look at that- thanks again.

domd1979

Veteran
Vango Banshee 200 is worth a look, generally their tents are pretty good for the money. I've just acquired one from here for £69 including the postage:

http://www.outbacktrading.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=36

There's a few places flog them for around the £60-£65 mark if you do a google search (RRP is £80).

strofiwimple said:
Thanks for the replies guys, i didnt want to spend much over £100 as i will probably only be using it for one tour a year- le jog next year, the t2 looks so i will have a look at that- thanks again.

Top Bottom