Absolutely wonderful (formerly absolutely useless) housing association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist , when it's turned on, is the mains indicator lamp on, flashing, or not on at all?
Yes,it's a red light,about the size of a pea.
1613261799061.png

Last edited:

irw

Quadricyclist
Yes,it's a red light,about the size of a pea.

In which case, following the flowchart on page 27 of the manual, if you have neither hot water nor heating, we end up at the 'Has overheat thermostat tripped?' decision.

Don't take that other front panel off though...there be gaseous dragons behind there I think.

Poor timing for the breakdown but it will be good news, if it needs parts then the HA will be ripping it out and replacing with a new one due to age. If your lucky you might get an air source heat one now that decarbonisation is on the cards.

irw

Quadricyclist
Are you certain that reset button isn't on the top somewhere? It really doesn't look like it's hidden away from what the manual says...can you post a pic of the top? It could well be that it's just not popped up, in which case the problem will be deeper.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Poor timing for the breakdown but it will be good news, if it needs parts then the HA will be ripping it out and replacing with a new one due to age. If your lucky you might get an air source heat one now that decarbonisation is on the cards.
I asked them if it could be replaced 2 years ago,but they said that there's a long waiting list. Surely though,if it's knackered they'll have to replace it.

si_c

Guru
That shouldn't affect his hot water as well. The fact he's lost both points to a fault common to both CH and DHW.
Depends on the boiler - once mine loses pressure in the central heating loop it won't heat the hot water either, it just trips out until you top up the loop.

irw

Quadricyclist
Depends on the boiler - once mine loses pressure in the central heating loop it won't heat the hot water either, it just trips out until you top up the loop.

Haha, I was literally about to post again to say loss of pressure could theoretically cause an overheat...It would still mean that reset button should have popped up though...

Top Bottom