Abused on Park Lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Was cycling up park lane towards marble arch, as i do every day. the lights are red at the junction with upper grosvenor street and i want to go right down the next junction with upper brook street. so i check behind, minimal traffic in the distance, indicate right and move all the way over, checking back through each lane change.

The lights go green and off me and the traffic go. i get up to around 22mph which is roughly the same speed as the traffic in front. and tthen all i hear is a consistant horn noise from the car behind. i look over and it's a bmw waving his hand at me to move over. i slow slightly and make hand jestures that i can't move over as i'm turning right. be holds his horn still and then undertakes me to continue to marble arch and shouts "You can't cycle in the middle of the road bitch!"

:wahhey: hahaha what a tosser, i wasn't doing any thing wrong and he was in the wrong lane!

lukesdad

:biggrin:Probably p****d at the price of his breakfast in Grosvenor house!:wahhey:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It stupid how many times this happens - I'm going right? why would it be safe for me to be anywhere but on the right lane? Even if you change lanes safely and in advance I sometimes think that motorists expect us to hug the gutter on the left and magically float out their way to go right.

Just another twat I agree

ttcycle said:
It stupid how many times this happens - I'm going right? why would it be safe for me to be anywhere but on the right lane? Even if you change lanes safely and in advance I sometimes think that motorists expect us to hug the gutter on the left and magically float out their way to go right.

Just another twat I agree
Agree with all that, apart from a lot of them seem to expect us to hug the gutter, get off, wait until it's clear both ways and then walk across the road .. even the magically floating would offend them. :smile:

Number14

Guru
gaz said:
"You can't cycle in the middle of the road bitch!"
Apparently you can and did - well done :smile:

Top Bottom