Accy at it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Quote removed

You'll be dialling 999 and whining to those people you're dissing when somebody robs you. All the PCs I've ever known have been decent, hard-working people.

That said, the member of public is a cocky lippy idiot and I'm not surprised the PC was short-tempered with him. We get plenty of his ilk in the mill towns who have no respect for society.

Last edited by a moderator:

lane

Veteran
My dad was a very old-fashioned "The government know what they are doing, the police can do no wrong, the youth of today don't know how lucky they are..." type of man. It was a bit of a shock to overhear a conversation between him and my mum in the mid-1970s. He had been doing some maintenance work down at the central police station. He told my mum that he had been repairing something in one cell when he heard loud thuds and screams coming from another cell down the corridor. He rushed upstairs to report it to the station sergeant. The officer looked stern, leaned forwards, stabbed a finger towards him, and growled "You heard NOTHING, okay?!"

It destroyed his blind faith in the police force. No, he didn't report it. Yes, he should have done!

I probably made the correct decision then! My experience was early 80s.

D

Deleted member 26715

You'll be dialling 999 and whining to those people you're dissing when somebody robs you. All the PCs I've ever known have been decent, hard-working people.
Add frustrated & hand tied, with all the goody goodies in the world

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't know. I remember in the 80s the police threatened to take me outside and beat me up if I didn't tell them what they wanted to know. Didn't think anything of it in those days. Just told them what they wanted to know rather than be beat up. I hadn't done anything wrong by the way.
Aye a lot of suspects used to fall down stairs back then.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We don't know what was said or done before filming started. Accrington and its surrounding towns have far too many of these chav types flouting the law. I've just seen 6 or 7 of that type on mountain bikes in a group,which isn't allowed. The chav says the copper should be sacked. He can't even say 'i don't want him sacked,i just want an apology'. No,he wants him to lose his job. He's making a whole lotta trouble for himself!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Irrespective of what was said before the video started, there is no excuse for threatening to 'fit someone up'. Rightly or wrongly the actions of this one police officer will reflect on all the other other officers in the country. Policing is by consent, when things like this occur then the public lose confidence and that consent is eroded. The officer needs to be whiter than white no matter the provocation, especially when on camera.

pawl

Legendary Member
Disgraceful! Calling for the copper's dismissal i mean,not his actions! These chavs are a major problem around here. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....ficer-filmed-making-arrest-threat-accrington/
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....otted-speeding-baxenden-terrifying-residents/

I hope he doesn't lose his job and the chav doesn't get a compo payout!

Compo would have probably bashed him with his wellie

Top Bottom