Achieving good health for all, where are we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Shocking healthy years and life expectancy in the poorest UK regions.

930502A7-E698-4DE5-BD55-1F3A4C353587.jpeg

https://reader.health.org.uk/creating-healthy-lives/achieving-good-health-for-all-where-are-we-now

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey, even my MIL managed 70 before getting 'poperly ill' - heart attack and stroke, and she never exercised and poor diet which is in the 10th decile ! FIL managed late 70's before his 40 plus caught up with him - another none exerciser, and poor diet.

Blimey.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, blimey!

I am hoping for something like the 10th decile result, only with 86 healthy years (other than my damn clots! ) and a sub 0.2 year decline. In fact, I want to go suddenly like a mate of mine, who died in his sleep.

People around seem to be dropping like flies aged 51, 58, 48, 60

Targeting the big 70 to still be mobile - 56 at the moment - cycling limited to turbo and 1 weekly 90 minute ride - gym most days - no weights at the the moment.

classic33

Leg End Member
I didn't notice that. I will take the precaution of self-identifying as a woman once I get to 80. I'm not sure if that would work though... :whistle:
"A man in Todmorden can expect to live on average for 77.90 years, while his neighbour down the road in Hebden Bridge, in Calder, may live to an average life expectancy of 81.74, almost four years longer, and women 80.16 as opposed to 85.75, five years difference."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ne...u-live-calderdale-you-may-live-longer-1003287

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"A man in Todmorden can expect to live on average for 77.90 years, while his neighbour down the road in Hebden Bridge, in Calder, may live to an average life expectancy of 81.74, almost four years longer, and women 80.16 as opposed to 85.75, five years difference."

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ne...u-live-calderdale-you-may-live-longer-1003287
There seem to be a lot more heavy smokers here than in Hebden Bridge...

I aim to beat the Hebden Bridge average life expectancy for women - or die trying! :okay:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I watched an interview with britain and the worlds oldest man. 112 at the end of the month. Still tack sharp and smiling. He doesn't have a specific diet and says he ate what what put in front of him with minimal questions asked.:tongue: It's clear however that he didn't adopt my 27 stone pie diet that i had up until last year. He's had a well travelled life and didn't worry much about anything that could happen. I suspect the media couldn't sell many papers to this man :biggrin: He only drank on special occasions and it was unclear as to whether he ever smoked, although most did in those days. Amazing really. I think learning to deal with stress and managing diet are the two biggest factors to longevity and quality of life given the genes you were born with.

classic33

Leg End Member
I watched an interview with britain and the worlds oldest man. 112 at the end of the month. Still tack sharp and smiling. He doesn't have a specific diet and says he ate what what put in front of him with minimal questions asked.:tongue: It's clear however that he didn't adopt my 27 stone pie diet that i had up until last year. He's had a well travelled life and didn't worry much about anything that could happen. I suspect the media couldn't sell many papers to this man :biggrin: He only drank on special occasions and it was unclear as to whether he ever smoked, although most did in those days. Amazing really. I think learning to deal with stress and managing diet are the two biggest factors to longevity and quality of life given the genes you were born with.
He died a week ago.

Top Bottom