Aching left side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeruss

Bought myself a bianchi intenso and began riding it last month. While riding I am finding that my wrist only my left one is painful when riding. I am actually left handed so would think my left would be strong, there is no pain whatever in the right side. Any ideas on the cause or cure

vickster

Legendary Member
Check the fit of the bike. Try to distribute your weight more evenly. Change hand positions as often as you can

Do you get the pain any other time? Might be unrelated to the bike

OP
OP
mikeruss

mikeruss

I had a bike fit when I bought the bike but I changed the saddle since for Brooks. I di the change using the measurement the shop gave me. I have just been reading it could be the angle is too low at the front I find it strange it's only my left wrist I have no pain off the bike

vickster

Legendary Member
I got tendonitis in my right thumb from having bars too wide, my left was fine...I am right handed. A change of bar width helped. Get the shop to check all again with the new saddle etc

OP
OP
mikeruss

mikeruss

I think I have a solution I had the spirit level on the saddle and it was far too low at the front I read this will cause pressure on the wrist so the Brooks saddle is now level using the spirit level not eye level

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe get a proper bike fit. I'm sure someone can recommend somewhere if the lbs where you bought your bike can't help

OP
OP
mikeruss

mikeruss

I rode my old giant today and its hurting the same and that never gave me any trouble I have not rode for a year so I am wondering if it's tight tendons

Top Bottom